on 26 October 2013
it was all nice and good until it broke after 2 days, wouldve expected it to work for a bit longer.. ordered 2 and im very let down as both stopped working .
on 29 October 2013
it lasted all of two days and started to go out bit by bit after a week they just stopped working absolute rubbish will never buy them again
on 10 September 2013
Having waited 3 weeks for this product to arrive the moment it was stuck into place - using the shoddy glue provided - was the moment it stopped working!!

Completely gutted. A complete waste of time - and they won't refund me!
on 15 September 2013
OK, first off...these lights are great. They look amazing, I`ve got them behind my TV. The functions are great (flashing, strobe etc), although a bit pointless really (maybe that`s just my opinion!), the choice of colours is varied and work well. Although....
I had to order these twice.....
First order arrived and had the little 4 pin male to male adaptor missing....this is required to connect the power to the light strip. After getting in contact with the seller, sending numerous e-mails, sending photos of what was missing, I was told no replacement pin could be sent so I had to send the product back. I did this, got a refund and then re-ordered.
The new one came, set it up and was well pleased with it, especially for the price.
WARNING - after less than 3 weeks, and no more than a couple of hours use per day, the power socket blew up! Yup, it exploded. No s***, the cover of the socket flew across the room with a huge bang and landed at our feet.
The most concerning thing was the sparks that eminated from the socket which landed on our rug, thank god I was there to quickly stand on them.
I got in contact with the seller again and after sending numerous photos they agreed to give me a refund....I actually argued that I deserved a new plug too and got one. I guess this alone would be enough to put most people off of using them but I`m giving them the benefit. They promised this was a one off and would not happen again. Got to say I`m undecided.
Anyway I`m still using the lights as I like them although I`ll never go out and leave them on!

I probably should have argued that they owed me a new pair of pants aswell mined you.
on 19 December 2013
DO NOT buy this item i had it for 2 weeks then the plug exploded causing damage to my wall and burning my hand. This item has the potential to cause serious harm or start a fire, I was lucky as there was no ignition sources near it but my son could have been next to it when it exploded. Please for your own safety do not buy this item.
On top of this the seller is crap took a month to arrive and when i contacted them about the exploded plug they claim they had no info on my purchase so had to contact amazon directly.
on 17 November 2012
Good quality, well packaged and fantastic value. I have purchased exactly the same kit from other suppliers and paid over three times the price. I took a risk on this item because of the price as I buy at least two sets per month. I use them as accent lighting in bathrooms and kitchens. There were no dead or mis coloured LEDs as I have experienced before with the more expensive sets. The only point to bear in mind is that you need to purchase a 12v power supply too. Other than that, everything is included
on 14 January 2014
First off, can't deny that it is incredible value but it does have a few drawbacks.
There are three colour (red, green, blue) LEDs alternating along the strip but "white" light
is generated by having all three colours on at once. This only works as white light if the
strip is concealed behind something to reflect the three colours together. You can have
any of the three colours alone or mixed to approximate different shades. Flashing and chasing
patterns are built in to the remote control.
The major problem is how to attach the silicon carrier strip to a surface or wall. The back has a
weakly adhesive strip to attach it with but I had to resort to trapping it between pairs of drawing
pins to get a fix behind a wooden head board.
Even so, good value compared to the ridiculous prices some companies are asking.
on 17 October 2013
This item seemed good when i first unboxed it but the after 15 mins of it been on the adapter/plug exploded and has left a big black on my floor. therefor this product is not good or safe!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 October 2013
I bought a kit similar to this last year to put as back-lighting around my TV - which looks great I have to say.

When it came to redecorating our bedroom I thought that something like this would be great for mood lighting.

It arrived quickly, and, simply hook up to a 12V power supply and it works straight away.

The only problem I found with this kit was that the sticky back wasn't so sticky in some places but it wasn't a big deal for me as I was glueing it on anyway.

There are plenty of preset colours and effects, and you can even "mix" your own colours onto one of 6 customisable preset buttons.

Great item, but can only give four stars because of the glue.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 July 2016
As an advocate and early adopter of LED lighting, I have used it in various rooms in my home, and am always on the lookout for more "complete" sets and opportunities them in the house. This XCSource waterproof 5m RGB set looked ideal as it included everything required to get it installed and up and running. Many sets on offer at the moment don't include a power supply, which are often on long delivery times from China, or use USB to power them, which is not always in a conveniently close proximity to where I want to install the lights.

What's Included:
* CR2032 Lithium battery
* spare 4 pole strip connector
* Instruction leaflet

The Details:
The XCSource Waterproof 5m RGB Colour changing LED strip kit includes everything you need to get up and running with a set of RGB LED lights. The strip itself contains alternate red, green and blue LEDs, which when combined produce a wide range of colours. These LEDs are grouped into 15cm sections, with 3 repeats (9 LEDs) per section. The strip can be cut every 15cm if required (never cut the strip at any other point), but this does then need the silicone waterproof bead trimming back to make the 4 gold contacts available for a connector (sold separately) or soldered wires to be attached. The strip is very flexible and will easily bend upwards or downwards, but not so much to the left or right, which is when the strip needs to be cut and corner connectors or extension wires inserted. The light strip comes with a short flylead pre-fitted at both ends to allow the strip to be connected to the RGB controller unit. This in turn connects to the mains power supply, which provides 2 Amps at 12V DC via the 1.4m cable. The 2nd short cable on the controller unit has the infrared receiver diode on it, which must be mounted so that it can "see" the infrared remote control when changing modes.

The infrared controller is supplied with a CR2032 lithium cell pre-installed, so is ready for use (once the clear tab is removed), and provides an array of fixed colours as well as some colour changing modes. There are buttons for red, green and blue, which only use one of the 3 colour LEDs at a time, plus white which uses all 3 together at 100%. There are then a further 12 fixed colours,which are combinations of the 3 LEDs in different proportions. The overall brightness can be controlled with the brighter and dimmer buttons, while the 4 "effects" buttons provide different ways of changing between the colours automatically.

To turn the lights on or off you can use the OFF and ON buttons on the remote, or simply turn off the socket in which the power supply is fitted. It is worth noting that the lights will come back on in the same effect or color they were in when they were turned off, so if you are after a fixed colour, you don't need to reselect it from the remote each time you turn on the lights. Just remember that if you turn them off at the remote as well as the socket, they will come back on to the off mode when power is restored. Check this by turning on at the remote before assuming the lights are not working or are disconnected.

The "effects" modes are great for parties and do make it look like the lights are chasing along the strip as they alternate between red, green and blue and give a real feeling of movement.

The strip is backed with an adhesive strip, so can be attached directly to a suitable surface, such as an non-porous varnished finish.

Summary:
Overall, the XCSourse Waterproof 5m RGB LED colour changing strip kit is a complete solution providing good light for mood lighting, highlighting, on top of kitchen units, floor level lighting or inside display cabinets. Can give fixed colours or a variety of effects.

Declaration: I received this item at a highly discounted price in return for an honest, unbiased review.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image