- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (1 Mar. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521128463
- ISBN-13: 978-9812794154
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 1.1 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 55,927 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Writing Essays in English Language and Linguistics: Principles, Tips and Strategies for Undergraduates Paperback – 1 Mar 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'This book is essential for any student of linguistics. It combines clear, cogent advice about how to write effectively in linguistics at both graduate and undergraduate level.' Anthony J. Liddicoat, Research Centre for Languages and Cultures, University of South Australia
Written specifically to help undergraduate students of English language and linguistics develop the art of writing essays, projects and reports, this book is a comprehensive and very readable resource and contains numerous discipline-related examples, practice exercises and an answer key.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The writer has definitely formed a very easy to use book which gives valuable and most importantly interesting information.
I could actually read this book cover to cover and not be bored, Murray uses a lot of linguistic articles, references and information to explain what he is trying to explain. It could be a good book for referencing bits about linguistics and not only about essay writing. Has a fantastic glossary too.