The book features new and expanded chapters covering such topics as:
- How to use sense-bound imagery to enhance a song's emotional impact on listeners.
- Techniques for avoiding cliches and creating imaginative metaphors and similes.
- Ways to use repetition as an asset.
- How to successfully manipulate meter.
- Instruction for matching lyrics with music.
- Ways to build on ideas and generate effective titles.
- Advice for working with a co-writer.
Featuring updated and expanded chapters, 50 fun songwriting exercises, and examples from more than 20 chart-topping songs and so much more.