Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 2 January 2011
... I'm sorry I'm going to anyway. Not about the work (which is as compelling as ever, and it is all there) but about the formatting (or lack of, I should say - particularly absence of line breaks). I would much rather pay something for a well-formatted version than have this one for free. (Unfortunately, this is not the only example of poorly formatted or indexed works available for Kindle - it seems that generally you do get what you pay for, which should not really be a surprise but is a bit of a disappointment when it applies to basics.) It would be harsh to criticise Amazon as I assume they are not responsible for the production of this version but it would be nice if they insisted on certain standards (maybe they do and this one slipped through). Still a Kindle fan though.
on 9 April 2013
This is so evocative. I love it. It is one of my childhood favourites. You should read it if you have any feeling for the sea.
on 7 March 2013
It is fairly short and tells a story, I would suggest if you like long poems you give this one a try.
on 4 February 2013
Thanks Amazon, My father used the expression " like the wreck of the Hesperus" as a way of describing sometimes how he was feeling or possibly somebody was looking, we lost dad 5 years ago, and when I saw it on-line ordered it for Mum, who by the way loved it.

Thankyou

Don Ferguson
on 11 February 2013
This was my first time through. I was impressed by the bold simplicity of Longfellow's style. Melodic but not bouncy or frilly. Precise but not thin.
on 28 November 2012
Complete poem and good print quality on computer Given that it is free can't complain Recommend to anyone interested in this
on 15 February 2013
I have read other novels by this author and can't wait to read this one. It will make a good read on holiday.
on 9 November 2014