Customer Discussions > Child 44 forum

Wow!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Mar 2008 19:17:38 GMT
What a great first chapter! It has certainly hooked me and I will buy the book. Had I just read the blurb in a shop, I would probably not have bought it, thinking it wasn't my sort of book.
It certainly gives a clear picture of the desperation of the family. I want it now!!!

Posted on 8 Jun 2009 12:06:06 BDT
Oh dear, like so many I fear you will find the rest a massive disappointment.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2011 12:51:20 GMT
R. C. WALKER says:
Then go and buy a copy of "Citizen X", which tells the REAL story. Mr Smith has taken a true story, re-set it 30 years earlier, and added a couple of pointless and implausible plot twists. The "twists" were needed because what finally got the killer caught was that the loosening of Communist power eventually allowed the Militia to conduct the investigation in a logical manner, devoting the level of resources that were needed. to do so (and making the killer's existence public knowledge, which they're previously been forbidden to do) What motivated the murderer had to be changed to fit in with the writer's decision to move the action back 30 years in time, What "Hooked" you was the author setting up one of the pointless plot twists.
The real story is available on Amazon (and probably rentable from Blockbuster) Watch out for the heroism of the REAL Militia detective, who's been airbrushed out of the story like an enemy of the state.
Citizen X [DVD] [1998] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Child 44 forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  14 Mar 2008
Latest post:  30 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Child 44
Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith (Hardcover - 29 April 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (373)