Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 8 March 2014
Ah . . . Lindsay Buroker . . . definitely one of my favourite authors for whom I will drop everything to read her latest work. Wounded didn't disappoint, although it does feel a bit odd reading non-fanciful stuff from her! But all strength to her, she wrote a cracker of a story filled with fun characters (Tara is wonderful), high tension, smouldering romance, and an interesting plot line. Mushrooms? Who would ever have thought? Would I recommend it to other lovers of her work? You betcha. And new people? What are you waiting for? You won't regret this book.
on 16 February 2014
Two small disclaimers before I review "Wounded"

1. I received Wounded as a review copy but I promise this is an honest (if not a bit gushy) review.

2. I do NOT read contemporary romance. . . or well contemporary anything for that matter. When I read a book, I want someone to either be in a corset, wearing a sword, howling at the moon, flashing fangs or flying in a steam-punk dirigible.

So when I say I could not put this book down - I want you to realise how much I enjoyed this book.

"Wounded" is a contemporary romance with a dash of mystery/thriller which Lindsay Buroker does so well. Wounded tells the story of Tara, a feisty blogging expert, who ends up living in an eco village for the summer. Low and behold, the very night Tara arrives she finds a chicken's head on her doorstep. Enter Mr. Grouchy but hunky Malcolm Ashcroft who has a feud running with the leader of the eco village and is the prime suspect for poultry decapitation. Tara being an investigative or rather nosy soul lands herself in the middle of the mystery and is looking for answers.

I'm a huge fan of Lindsay Buroker's fantasy series "Emperor's Edge" (if you have not read this - SHAME on you!). I think fans of her EE series are going to find a lot in this book to like as this book also has great characters and witty dialogue that is similar to EE-universe books.

I think the sign of a great author is having a "voice" and Lindsay's "voice" which is alive in the EE series - remains here in Wounded. The witty remarks, the lovable and sarcastic characters, the great relationships that stay with you long after you're finished - it's all here.

I also think people new to Lindsay and more contemporary readers (really, you don't like assassins or vampires - what?!) will really enjoy this book as it is light and fun with great characters. I especially liked the side characters of Jasmine and Mandy - and would of liked to have seen more of them in this book. Also although it might of darkened the mood of the book - it would have been nice to delve more into Malcolm's background - but then again - the character is quite taciturn and the book is written from Tara pov. (Lindsay does great job of changing POV in EE, so I think I kind of missed this a little here).

Anyhoo - like I said previously, I'm not a contemporary reader - but this was such a fun read with loveable characters and a hunky fireman - so what was not to love! So in sum, I really enjoyed this book :)
on 4 February 2014
Although I almost exclusively read fantasy novels, I thought I would give this a go because....well, because it was by Lindsay Buroker!!! Although it is unlikely that I will now be an avid reader of romantic fiction, I can honestly say that I enjoyed this story! The characters have all the charm and humour that one has come to expect from Ms Buroker's writing.
For any readers who normally read romantic fiction, give the Emporer's Edge a try - although classified as fantasy, the romantic thread holds the series together!
I think this story proves once again that a talented author can adapt to any genre!!
on 20 April 2014
This is a fun read with enough romance not to get soppy. Interesting storyline and concept and starters for friendship in unusual places. Impressed with the drain climbing!
on 2 February 2014
I can't believe it's over already!!! The story flowed nicely and made for a very enjoyable Sunday read.. I can't wait for the next buroker to come out!!
on 4 February 2014
This book was an interesting departure from the usual books by this author. It was enjoyable well written, and well worth reading
on 13 January 2016
Another brilliant book by Lindsay, I just can't get enough of her stories.
on 10 March 2016
not usually a fan of romance but definitely a fan of Lindsay Buroker.