Would these fit onto a specialized road bike? If not, what break pads would? Thanks
asked by Mr. L. P. Holt on 7 Feb 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Hi there! From the very little I know about road bikes, they have caliper-type (side-pull) brakes ``in general''. This means that the pads you're looking for have a much shorter screw and are usually themselves shorter, like these: Set of 4 XLC Road Brake Pads
Hope this helps.
Victor
Victor Bandur answered on 7 Feb 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is impossible to answer. What type of brakes/ brake shoes does it have already?
Liberty answered on 7 Feb 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They are standard fitting- mine is a road bike and they work- the quality of the rubber could be better though- it wears off rather rapidly (compared to other ones I had)...
david answered on 7 Feb 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have fitted these pads to my road bike and they are fine.
Tony LH Marigold answered on 7 Feb 2014

A
I dont see why not mines just a hybrid but should do
monkeypooper answered on 7 Feb 2014

A
These are for V brakes,road bikes usually have calliper brakes which use slightly smaller pads.suggest search for calliper brake pads.
Billyboy23 answered on 8 Feb 2014

A
I'm afraid I couldn't really say as it all depends on the type of braking mechanism you have on your bike. Most bikes these days in the UK have 'V-brakes' or 'direct-pull brakes' fitted as standard. I have cantilever brakes fitted on my 28" Alex rims, and it is my understanding the brake blocks are interchangeable with most types, however it would be necessary to determine the braking mechanism on the bike to check compatibility.
John Devine answered on 9 Feb 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›