Customer Discussions > Transformers (2007) [DVD] forum

Would be better on blu-ray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Oct 2007 16:13:50 BDT
Daniel says:
I can't believe this is HD-DVD only. It's a shocking decision and shows no respect for the consumers.

I would've imported it from America right now if i could get the Blu-Ray but as it is I'll have to wait a year as i won't waste my money on a HD-DVD player.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2007 16:50:02 BDT
"Shows no respect for consumers" - it shows every respect for HD-DVD owners. This is a bit like PS3 owners calling the Xbox 360-only release of Halo 3 a "shocking decision". You must have realised when you bought a Blu-Ray player that there was a competing format, and that in order for either format to suceed there needs to be exclusive content - this is born out by the success of this disc in the US where it recently became the fastest selling high definition film (on either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD). Until one format triumphs over the other this was always going to happen and indeed will continue to happen.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2007 20:50:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2007 20:54:45 GMT
Robin Palmer says:
Quote Daniel: "I can't believe this is HD-DVD only"

Strange, I could say the same for The Simpsons movie which only being released on Blu-Ray.
Like Mr O'Flanagan says, competing formats.. there are many movies bought out on one format which will never see the light of day on the other. Get over it!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2007 17:26:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Dec 2007 17:26:56 GMT
J. Farrell says:
Quote Robin Palmer: "there are many movies brought out on one format which will never see the light of day on the other."

which is unfortunately why ill not be purchasing either format until there is a winner. I like the simpsons movie (blu-ray) i like transformers (hd-dvd) ... guess i'll just continue to buy regular DVD's then, as will the majority of people.

just one word of caution though (bearing in mind i know very little about either format!) who remembers Sony's Betamax format competing again the VHS format..? or again, Sony's mini-disc format...? Sony has a habit of releasing technically superior products, but then charging so much for them that mass consumers go for the cheaper option. sad but true. yet another reason why i will hang back on this one. Jon.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2007 23:21:02 GMT
Mook says:
Thats why im buying a Samsung BD-UP5000...problem solved!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2008 15:26:45 GMT
Peter says:
Even if it was released on Blu Ray you would need to be careful as many discs are region coded in the same way as standard DVDs (A / B rather than 1 / 2 etc).
A friend brought a lot of Blu Ray discs back from holiday in Florida and they won't play on the UK PS3
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  25 Oct 2007
Latest post:  16 Jan 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions