Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Not Worth The Price... Any Word On Special Features?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jul 2008 09:40:44 BDT
The DVD set has only got ten episodes, yet it's being sold at the price a normal full series of 20+ episodes will be sold at!!! Also knowing our luck in the UK I doubt there will be any decent special features to accompany the DVD set, but I hope I'm wrong there.

I don't mean to put you off, but if you haven't seen the episodes then do buy it, season four is just amazing with new revelations all round, new alliances and the return of a certain 'boxed' Cylon (oh go on you knew she was coming back!). But if you watched it on Sky, it may be best to wait before buying as I'm sure the price will be reduced further when the second part of season 4 is broadcast.

As I have already seen the series, I'll be waiting till 2009 when the second wave of season 4 is aired and the complete boxset with complete seasons 1-4, the mini-series and Razor is released. Just so I can rewatch it at my leisure all over again.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2008 12:57:23 BDT
daisy says:
I know the price is a rip off but for those of us who can't afford sky it's still a cheaper option. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 10:26:26 BDT
I. cobley says:
as to special features my guess will be the two t.v shows that were aired when the season started it was on the realtionships of bsg and what everone else thinks of bsg (heres a clue fracking awsome) if were lucky commentry and maybe deleted scenes

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2008 09:57:59 BDT
T. J. Bacon says:
Top tip: wait a few months more than after the UK release and just buy the region 1 version. Each region 1 release has been jam packed with extras in comparison to the bare-bones extras free region 2 issues.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2008 20:51:27 BDT
A. Whitehead says:
The special features sound poor: the full version of Razor, which you can buy separately for about a fiver anyway, and no commentaries or deleted scenes.

It also doesn't sound like the Region 1 release will be any better this time around either. It's coming out just 2-3 weeks after the R2 release, so not much time to sort out the extra features. Current rumour is that it may have the podcast commentaries, but not the 60-minute version of Revelations that has occasionally been hinted at.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2008 12:34:51 BDT
The deleted scenes have been included and are worth watching - some add significant nuances to our understanding of the characters and events. I have no problem with the repeat of Razor (I already own the DVD) in the same way as the MiniSeries is included in the compilation DVD. The R1 version will, however, offer a lot more extras. My only gripe is that Amazon here is suggesting that people buy S4 and Razor together - that will not go down well when they receive their DVDs!

At the pre-order price, I'm OK with this set - but have to question what do about S4.5. Should one buy it on release; wait for a possible full R2 Season 4 release; wait for a possible R1 Full Season 4 set; or, hang on for what will surely come - a huge boxed set of the entire series? I won't be able to wait for that so will buy the R2 Season 4.5 at Amazon's pre-order price. But when it comes to a complete BSG boxed set, it will be R1 with those superb extras all the way!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Feb 2009 14:52:13 GMT
B. H. JONES says:
Does anyone think that season four and five will be released as one box set? I purchased Razor when it was released and have not bought season 4.0! Can anyone suggest!?

Posted on 21 Aug 2009 23:46:38 BDT
zargb5 says:
Does this season come with a free Bible?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  30 Jul 2008
Latest post:  21 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions