Customer Discussions > Bonekickers [DVD] forum

Worst British TV shows of all time - and why you loathe them!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Sep 2008 10:53:45 BDT
Cartimand says:
OK, so most of the reviews for the utterly wretched Bonekickers are consistent in slamming this dreadful show, which must be one of the worst British series of all time, but what other real turkeys can you recall. Let's keep it to British in this thread - there's plenty of room in other discussions to take the p out of the likes of Manimal and Beauty and the Beast!

To get things rolling, I can remember with a shudder the well-meaning but excruciating Love Thy Neighbour. Or how about Oh No It's Selwyn Froggett or Yus My Dear? I loathe all soaps, including Eastenders, Coronation St, but when it comes to awfulness, it's usually Crossroads and Eldorado that spring to mind. That ghastly yuppie soap This Life also got my goat. In more recent times, the BBC's weak, low fat, politically correct version of Robin Hood was pretty drab and awful, but all the above pale into insignificance compared with Bonekickers.

What are your pet hates when it comes to British TV?

Posted on 2 Feb 2011 13:39:37 GMT
Paul Tapner says:
Hyperdrive. I'd heard a poor review of the first episode but I thought I'd give it a chance. I switched off halfway through. Any show that starts making jokes about alien genitals after five minutes has got problems.

I'm probably the only person who remembers it, but: park ranger. An ITV kids adventure show from around 1980. about a ranger in a national park. Where's the drama in that? Well there's an episode where anti nuclear protestors steal plutonium from a nuclear plant thats nearby and run off into the park, and they have to be found quickly or there will be a very big explosion. Everything about this show was just bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2011 16:02:35 GMT
Cartimand says:
Hmmm. I never caught up with Hyperdrive, but several reviewers here seems to rate it and even compared it to The Office.

Back to the BBC, their woeful soap opera in space 'Outcasts' was pretty shocking (albeit not as bad as 'Bonekickers'!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Bonekickers [DVD] forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  13 Sep 2008
Latest post:  21 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bonekickers [DVD]
Bonekickers [DVD] (DVD - 2008)
2.6 out of 5 stars   (74)