Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 January 2012
My daughters have never read any of these Douglas picture books before...this is their first. In this one, Douglas gets a new woolly hat from his Dad as a present. Overexcited like all children are when getting something new he immediately heads off to show his friends his new gift! The only problem is that in his excitement he ruins it and the wool runs loose and his hat becomes a ball of red thread! Douglas starts to worry about how he can put it back together and he also worries about what his Dad might say when he returns home to show the 'hat' now in one big lump. After some nail biting events trying to make things better his friends encourage Douglas to talk to his Dad and tell him the truth. Dad embraces Douglas and not only is all forgiven, Dad has something else in store for Douglas that puts a smile back on his face.

A great story to encourage your children not to worry and to teach them that accidents do happen. This story creates the perfect opportunity to tell your children that no matter what they do that as their mum or dad, you will always love them!

A beautifully illustrated picture book with a section of 'designer hats' at the back that has my 3 year old in stitches! Highly recommended!
on 21 August 2011
I've bought this book for my 6 yo son and it has brought us a lot of pleasure reading it and looking through its bright illustrations. Nice reading for kids only starting to read.
on 16 March 2013
My 2 year old got this from a freind for his birthday - the story is lovely (we have since bought other titles in the range) and the mini Douglas has become my son's favourite toy! He goes to bed with Douglas every night - I've just ordered another set so that we have 2 Douglas' just in case as the toy is not really designed to be loved and cuddled and chewed everyday!
on 15 November 2011
I picked up a signed copy of this (with a cute illustration by the author) and i did enhjoy it. My son is a proper little worrier, so it's actually perfect for him. Nice message - just tell someone what you're worried about, and it might not be as bad as you think. Like the sheep characters in it too!
on 6 December 2011
Still beautifully illustrated, especially the lovely little drawings of hats at the end, but this is nowhere near as good a story as "Hugless Douglas" - okay but rather disappointing.
on 12 May 2013
My daughter loves the Hugless Douglas books, this was the only one she didn't have so she was delighted when we got this for her birthday. Arrived very quickly - very happy
on 28 October 2014
Hugless douglas again! His adventures are all very entertaining. The other characters in these books are so full of fun too! Live the illustrations too!
on 18 March 2014
This was a replacement book for our book area, previous book thoroughly worn out. All of the children love this book including our very youngest!
on 1 June 2012
We just love the Hugless Douglas books and this one is great, the illustrations are beautiful and the story is cute and good fun.
on 26 February 2013
My four year old son just loves Hugless Douglas and we read them over and over again. They're fab. We going to buy them all.