on 24 December 2013
This book is great if you're only interested in an almanac about the US, or in seeing the world through American eyes. It's awful if you have a more general global interest.

Similar to baseball's 'World Series' (and with a similar origin for its name) this is anything but a world almanac. Avoid - even if you're an American !
on 9 January 2014
Contrary to another negative review on here this is a good buy. I have been getting it for 15 years or so. Sure about 25% is American but then it is published there. The rest is an excellent, accurate World almanac which is much cheaper than comparable British almanacs. It even includes data on "soccer" and F1 in the sports section.

Otherwise the shortest, longest highest,the Oscar winners and country profiles are all there.
on 31 March 2014
I first picked up a copy in 2006 on my first visit to the USA. I was impressed with the contents and continued getting it on subsequent visits. So I was delighted to see I could purchase it on Amazon. It is well worth the money
on 7 February 2014
I buy this almost every year and use it constantly to check facts re just about everything - countries, Oscars, sport, US colleges, US presidents, science, etc, etc, etc.
on 19 June 2014
I am happy with my purchase, it is packed with facts and figures, however it is very Americanized so I probably won't refer to it as often as I had hoped.
on 20 June 2014
like it. very good quality,it is helpful for my kids and me, full with new stuff and pictures just amazing
on 23 January 2016