When my Kindle Fire arrived I discovered in a meeting that it didnt come with any document editing / note taking applications. A quick trip the app store and I found InkPad Notepad. Its a fast little app that is great for organising notes. The notes are saved on your device rather than in the cloud; but when you want them in another place there is a button to email the note so you can get it onto another device easily enough.

Its add supported with adverts persistent in the centre of the top of the screen (lost it a star for persistence) but otherwise its free. Its a quick and easy way to take and share notes 4*
0Comment184 of 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
This notepad tool fills one of the many missing gaps in Amazon's Kindle Fire offering. It is difficult to understand why they would offer a tool like the Fire without a writing tool and this is one of the best I've tested to date.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2013
I love this app. I can make notes and write lists and don't lose them hooray... Would recommend this app.
on 25 March 2013
I was looking for a free notepad so that I can note things down when I think of them.
Instructions at the beginning make getting to know how the app works very simple and I can make as many notes as I need. Perfect!
on 24 February 2013
Great app for keeping reminders of all the details needed to shop on internet, signing in to other accounts etc.
on 6 January 2013
The notepad is great for keeping notes when travelling around, so that you can refer to them at anytime in the future
0Comment37 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2013
simple to use, clear and with a page of instructions as a note

being a free app also makes it a must have
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2013
Overall, this application is very good, and has proved to be useful when recording things "on the go". The issue I have with the app is that several acquaintances have told me that the lowercase O's look very similar to a lowercase U, and can be quite confusing. Other than this, I have no problems with the application 'InkPad Notepad (for notes)".
11 comment19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2013
Good little note pad for my Kindle but the free version has adverts of course ! but they put them right next to exit button to try and catch you out.
on 30 December 2012
It Will do what it says it will,simple and straightforward,no frills,but no problems either,just works.As a fee app it's a winner.