Let a Geek Be Your Guide to WordPress
Have you ever wished that you had a knowledgeable, patient expert by your side who was only too happy to explain something technical to you in terms that you could easily understand? Well, with this book, that is exactly what you'll get.
In WordPress: The Geekified Guide
a geek, who is an expert on the subject, walks you, step-by-step, through everything you need to know to go from being a WordPress novice to a WordPress know-it-all.
You won't find any complicated geek speak here that only someone who's already an expert on WordPress would understand. Instead, what you get are easy to understand instructions along with lots of pictures to help you along the way.
So, sit back, relax, and let a geek be your guide to getting the most out of WordPress.Who this book is written for:WordPress: The Geekified Guide
is designed for readers who would either like to run a self-hosted version of WordPress and get the most out of their web site while managing it with ease.
If this is your first experience with WordPress, you'll be able to easily get started using this popular open source software with the help of the information found in this book. Even if you have some prior experience with WordPress, there will still be plenty for you to learn within these pages.
Best of all, for readers of all skill levels, the information found in this book is presented so that it's easy to understand. That way you'll never feel bogged down by instructions that seem overly technical or hard to follow.In this book, you'll learn about:
- What you need to do to get started
- Getting to know your way around the Dashboard
- Configuring administrative settings
- Adding a social element to WordPress with comments
- Adding content to your web site in the form of posts, pages, and multimedia
- Managing your written and multimedia content
- Adding users to WordPress and assigning them to various roles
- Using themes to dress up your site
- Using plugins and widgets to add additional functionality to WordPress
- Creating and using custom menus
- Using Custom Fields to display meta-data
- Creating Page Templates in order to display content in customized ways
- Importing data into or exporting data out of your web site
- Performing regular maintenance to keep WordPress up-to-date and more secure