- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Woodstock [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
A documentary chronicling the once-in-a-lifetime rock concert to which hippies and beautiful people flocked from all over the world in August 1969. Rock icons caught in performance include the Who, Santana, Crosby, Stills and Nash and Jimi Hendrix. The film won an Oscar for Best Documentary Feature.
1969 was a year unlike any other. Man first set foot on the moon. The New York Mets won the World Series against all odds. And for three days in the rural town of Bethel, New York, half a million people experienced the single most defining moment of their generation; a concert unprecedented in scope and influence, a coming together of people from all walks of life with a single common goal: Peace and music. They called it Woodstock. One year later, a landmark Oscar®-winning documentary captured the essence of the music, the electricity of the performances, and the experience of those who lived it. Newly remastered, the film features legendary performances by 17 best selling artists.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The 'Woodstock: Untold Stories' feature which includes all of the never before seen performances:
Joan Baez - One Day At A Time
Country Joe McDonald - Flying High
Santana - Evil Ways
Canned Heat - I'm Her Man
Canned Heat - On The Road Again
Mountain - Beside The Sea
Mountain - Southbound Train
Grateful Dead - Turn On Your Love Light
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born On The bayou
Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Put A Spell on You
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Keep On Choogling
The Who - We're Not Gonna take It
The Who - My Generation
Jefferson Airplane - 3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds
Joe Cocker - Something's Coming On
Johnny Winter - Mean Time Blues
Paul Butterield - Morning Sunrise
Sha Na Na - Teen Angel
Canned Heat - Woodstock Boogie
The Who - Sparks
Jimi Hendrix - Spanish Castle Magic
These performances have variable video quality and are in 4:3 format but are great additions to what's already been formally released. The Grateful Dead's 'Turn On Your Love Light' is one of those that the picture quality isn't brilliant but its 36 minutes long and a great performance.
There are several other bonus extras that include:
Woodstock from Festival To Feature
Reflections Of An Era
A Farm In Bethel
....Read more ›
The second couple of DVDs have individual acts that you can listen to in any order, accessed through a number of screens with individual links. Some of the acts are a bit long-winded and a little unrehearsed, but on the whole there are some cracking performances.
My only wish was that I could have been there.
Okay, I'm a fan so slightly biased, but that performance along is enough for me to warrant this a 5 star rating.
Just another 6+ hours of sheer delight to go.
What this 4 disc DVD collection does (along with Woodstock Diaries) is give us glimpses of some of the sets the original movie missed, and it's fascinating stuff. Here'smy points to watch out for:
1) We get to see the Grateful Dead (who spent years not allowing their performance to be publically released) performing "Lovelight" and you can see why it was never part of the movie. Pigpen, their earthy singer before he died in 1973 and on-off lover of Janis Joplin, could not really command the crowd, and his usual facility with words fails him here ...he's reduced to repeating "now wait a minute" way too many times. Babbs, a Prankster,stumbles on stage to provide a stoned and pointless monologue, and Garcia looks discomforted, with Lesh virtually out of camera shot. The song rises eventually to a fiery climax, but its an opportunity missed.
2) Canned Heat are a revelation. Fantastic performance from them. They made it into the director's Cut, but here you see them in greater detail. What a band.
3) Bert Sommers shows up on the Woodstock Diaries. Worth checking out... a great missed Woodstock legend.
4) Hendrix? I'm one of those who thought his performance sloppy... which is what people thought at the time.
5) Joan Baez shines out, a great star of the era.
Lots of mini documentaries about the filming of the movie, its cultural significance and so on.
Cynics have scoffed, the entire hippie ideal rapidly became a sort of easy historical joke: but it was no joke, and all those flower children produced seeds...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good value for money and shouldn't moan but why oh why is Jefferson Airship - White Rabbit not on this version?Published 1 month ago by Paulus the wood gnome
The definitive story of the worlds greatest ever festival. Mudrock from Woodstock. They don't make 'em like that anymore.Published 1 month ago by Rob
for those who were around at the time, the 60s was a special time and this DVD of an amazing festival captures the time and the music to perfection.Published 2 months ago by John King
Great seeing this again after so many years. There are loads of extras in this edition but the original movie is the main reason to buy this. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Antony Hislop
bought this for a birthday present,so not seen my self but given the content listing & coverage I'm sure it is excellentPublished 5 months ago by steven law