PS3 Disc Wont Show Error **Fixed Myself**

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Apr 2009 00:02:38 BDT
crowscs says:
I was playing Gta IV on my ps3 then i shut down my ps3.
When i turned my ps3 on 3 hours later i went to the 'game' menu on the xmb and GTA IV disc was'nt showing up so i could'nt start the game, I thaught thats weird I was playing it earlier and I did'nt eject the disc so i press the eject button and out comes GTA IV i check for scratches then put the game back in.

The load circle appears in the right corner then disappears but still no game disc to click on to start game.

So i take out GTA IV and put in fallout 3, same problem the game disc does'nt show up.

Thinking at this point that my Bluray drive has died i try a dvd and the disc shows up under video but when i click on it i just get a black screen and cant exit from it. the same happens with bluray movies and when i play a demo it plays fine but when i quit game i get a black screen and cant exit from it.

Also every time i shutdown my ps3 it takes 10 seconds then 3 bleeps then shutsdown.

So i call sony support and they tell me it has to be sent in for repairs and there is an out of warranty charge of £99. I then said i hear i will be sent a refurbished model they said no, mine will be fixed and sent back to me.

So i pay the £99 charge and tell them that i have upgraded my 60GB ps3 to a 320GB so do i need to swap the drive back to send it in for service?.

They said yes so i swap the 320GB back to the original 60GB to send it back in and go to the game section and GTA IV game disc shows up under game.

So it turns out some data was currupted on my 320GB drive so i did a quick format and everything works fine now.

So if you have this problem then i recommend formating the hard drive or trying another drive before sending it back to sony.

Before i managed to fix this problem i googled 'ps3 game disc wont show up' theres loads of people reporting the problem but no solution so as i managed to find a solution i thaught i would give everyone a heads up on what to do if this happens to you.

Posted on 3 May 2009 15:09:19 BDT
J Bails says:
This is a good call mate. I had the same problem after renting out some dvds and blu-rays out, sat down to watch them and had no success. I had a black screen when I clicked play or play from the beginning, which then froze - PS button would not work. Reset it then tried my own blu-rays and dvd - still nothing. Went to contact sony until I read up a bit and after a suggestion, saved any important stuff and formatted my hard drive. This worked with a quick format and only took a minute to format then 20-30 mins to restore the PS3 to its former glory with the downloaded content. Well recommended to do this before doing anything else!

BTW my PS3 is the 40GB version which is unmodified (yet).

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2009 09:21:50 BDT
J. Bird says:
WOW thanx 4 the info, my old ps3 did that and i got it replaced as it was still under warranty but if it happens again i will defenatly give this a go as i have upgraded to a 320gb hard drive too and would be easy to try.
Thanks and i'll tell ps3 owners i know who have this problem to try what you have done
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  18 Apr 2009
Latest post:  24 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3) by Namco Bandai (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (24)