Working mothers, stay-at-home mums, single mums, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book's range of nursing advice, stories, and information-from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers:
- real-mum wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably-from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
- new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
- strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
- reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
- recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
- helpful tips for building your support network-at home or when back at work
- nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
- guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus-Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.