It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting breastfeeding and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been reworked, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles.
Working mothers, stay-at-home mums, single mums, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of breastfeeding information and stories—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breastmilk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this completely revised and updated eighth edition offers:
* real-mum wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
* new insights into old approaches towards latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
* strategies for mums who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to breastfeed for a year or more
* reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
* recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
* helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
* breastfeeding special-needs infants, premature babies, and multiples, and ensuring your baby thrives no matter what your situation
* guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, child care, colic, postnatal depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
Cover design by Philippa Pearson-Glaze, La Leche League GB
Photograph of Bronwyn Millar and Ruby by Lisa Trocchi