Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.67

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 September 2011
Kathryn Lasky, in the forward wrote: "I have always thought that writing is not a solitary performance, but a collaborative - one between an author and the past-what she has read, listened to, and absorbed. The shoulders of giants are not just reserved for scientists as Newton suggested, but writers and artists perch there as well. If I have overlooked in my acknowledgments any giants, I apologize." She might be standing on the shoulders of giants but I am sure generations to come will consider her a giant that they stand upon. This second book in the Wolves of the Beyond series is incredible. I literally could not put it down. I have been alternately reading this series and the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books at the same time. Both are amazing series set in the same world. According to Lasky there will not likely be more books in the Hoolian series, but there is a fourth announced for the Wolves and hopefully we will get many more tales of the Wolves to read.

This book continues the story of Faolan. He has joined one of the packs as a Gnaw wolf. Faolan has a great heart and the other wolves know there is something special and different about him. Some respect and appreciate that. Most are superstitious and fear him to some extent. Faolan, not being raised in the pack, also seems to keep making mistakes. But now Faolan has an opportunity, for the Watch Wolves need a new member and a competition is underway, a gaddergnaw, to determine the best known wolves from the clan. But Faolan has an enemy and one who is determined to destroy him.

The characters are amazing, and the story wonderful. While reading this book, I kept finding myself reading after I should have put the book down, not wanting to come back from lunch, or go to bed, in order to find out what would happen next. It is an incredible book by an amazing author
on 10 January 2012
Just as I said, I read the next installment of the Wolves of the Beyond, and I was not disappointed. Once again, vocabulary learning wise it was poor, but it did everything else a book should do! Intriguing, cleverly plotted, tense, emotional, continuously dragging you from your supposedly sleepful nights into the excitement of the story making you forget you should have gone to sleep hours ago! Foalin certainly has had to adapt to new things in this book, and you're there with him hoping he adapts but doesn't lose who he is as well. And the framing of the MURDER! This book was a brilliant second installment. Waiting for the delivery of the third and fourth. I hope you buy the series because I tell you, it is excellent!
on 15 March 2016
Very good book can not wait to buy the next one
on 12 January 2013
Even more touching and nail-bitting then the first book of Wolves of the Beyond! Faolan is trying prove himself for the Sacred Watch, but a wolf named Heep becomes jealous of Faolan. Heep was a treacherous and prideful gnaw wolf from the start, going as far as murdering an innocent pup and blaming the murder on Faolan to get him out of the way. Will he succeed in sending Faolan to a torturing, slow and agonizing death..? Find out for yourself by buying this book today!
on 25 October 2015
granddaughter loved it
on 1 April 2011
This is the sequel to Lone Wolf and personally I think it is even better. I would reccomed this for all young readers wolf fans in particular. Probably good for an II year old... I cannot wait for wolves of the watch. In short... READ IT NOW CX
on 20 April 2014
An excellent,mysterious and ice shivering book.The murder is deadly and horrifying with only the gnaw wolf Foalan to find the murderer and banish him from the pack.One horrifying fact,the murderer is in the pack…
on 21 March 2013
It was good but not as good as the first. I feel as if it was very slow and not much action in the book.
I will be purchasing the next book and possibly the whole series. I would recommend this book to 7-15 year olds.
on 5 February 2015
Great
on 2 June 2013
I finished reading the series and I really enjoyed it! Very well written. I recommend this books to everyone, children and adults alike.