on 13 February 2011
This pretty short and very predictable. I quite enjoy werewolf stories usually and I always like it when the story features an alpha trying to win over his mate. However, this fell very flat for me.

The good: I liked Robyn most of the time and was interested in the challenge presented by her being deaf. TJ and Keil were good characters, likeable and everything that you would want in male werewolves. There was some heat between the two lead characters.

The bad: the writing's not great. Some of the dialogue in particular is very clunky and the way that the characters react to each other in certain situations seems very unlikely. There are scenes included that I think were supposed to be quite exciting but they really weren't. There was absolutely no tension built up and I found myself rather bored during a scene featuring an avalanche for example. Once Robyn and Keil "got down to it" the sex took up a lot of the story. Fair enough, you could see where the story was going from the beginning, but when it's going to be so short, it would have been nice to have more plot going alongside it. I also didn't like the way I was rushed through the conclusion. The final confrontation wasn't remotely exciting and was poorly described. Then the actual ending came rather abruptly as well.

In short, this hasn't encouraged me to want to read the following 3 books. It might be a nice interlude for readers who aren't looking for much plot and who like a bit of paranormal sizzle, but if you like plenty of story and characterisation, this will not be your cup of tea. I am probably going to delete it from my Kindle and I don't do that very often.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindle: there were no errors or typos in this edition :)
Robyn was supposed to be going on a trip to the isolated mountain cabin with her brother Tad but when he has to work she is determined to go alone. She isn't going to let the fact that she is deaf get in her way & stop her doing anything. She gets more than she bargained for when she literally bumps into TJ and Keil in a rather embarassing situation.

Keil instantly recognises Robyn as his mate but he already has plenty on his plate with his upcoming challenge to become pack alpha. Things are made even more difficult when he realises that Robyn has no idea that she has werewolf genes - it isn't going to be easy to explain things to her and get her to believe they belong together.

Although I felt that Robyn accepted the fact that she is a werewolf a little too quickly and easily I loved the passion between her & Keil. Keil is definitely one hot alpha male but Robyn is also strong enough to be an alpha in her own right so they are a very good match. I loved the twist that Vivian Arend has put on the usual werewolf mythology and am looking forward to finding out more about this in future books in the series. TJ was a great secondary character & I really hope we get to read both his & Tad's stories in future books.

I thought this was a great start to the series and it had a bit of everything that makes a paranormal romance great - romance, passion and a little comedy and action thrown in for good measure. This really was a great quick read & I was quickly caught up in the story - I would have liked it to be longer though! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series
on 8 January 2011
I like both Gothic and wilderness survival type books so downloaded this to my new Kindle.
It was kinda not either, really. It was more like a sex manual for werewolves, which is fine, if you're a werewolf.....
The actual writing was...okay. I've read much worse and finished them but I was rather glad this was a short book.
Sorry if this is any kind of 'spoiler' for anyone, but to be honest, if you've not got the (sorry) 'thrust' of where this was going by the third page then.....
.... possibly you will actually like this.
on 11 February 2014
I love this writer. VA is very talented and can write for any genre. I especially love her shapeshifter books. If u enjoy this series, defiantly check out her other series as well. Great first story and HEA.
I really enjoyed this story the most. I personally have been deaf and regain my hearing so I understand the struggles of making friends and following people when they talk. Love the surprise with Tad and the final in book, very sexy and romantic. Loved every bit, even Ty messing up and getting stuck in snow.
on 14 September 2013
I found this lacking in something and I can't quite put me finger on it.
Robyn is a deaf independent woman who's about to go off skiing on her own for a few days. Her brother usually goes with her but somethings come up. Robyn is just glad to have sometime on her own but that doesn't last for long.
Keil and Tj are brothers who happen to be skiing in the same area. These two are wolves and Keil is about to reveal to Robyn that she is his mate and that she's also a wolf.
Felt like this was more a story about facts on being a wolf and finding a mate. I did get a bit bored.
There is plenty of snow and some mating and even a bit of fighting but nothing emotional or spellbinding.
on 17 April 2016
A deaf woman goes on a ski trip alone in an isolated cabin. Unknown to her she is going to meet to brothers who are also shifters, one who is hoping to be the next Alpha of their pack. She hides in the sauna room as the work out she is deaf, a wolf and the mate of the next Alpha. She doesn't know that she is shifter her adopted brother has being trying to tell, but he is only a half blood and can't shift until he has a mate. Robyn does like her voice but what she does realize is she was born to be a strong Alpha and her voice will make anyone to what she wants. A great short story in a good series
on 7 March 2011
There were good things about this book, I liked the characters and the fact that Robyn was deaf. It was all quite promising. However, it was very short, Robyn adapted to finding out she was a wolf and her brother had kept it from her incredibly well, I liked TJ and he seemed to get dismissed from the book very rapidly and I wasnt really that worried when Robyn and her mate Keil got set upon by six of the pack! Also, we didn't see Robyn's transformation, it would have been nice to see how she coped. This book had potential and then seemed very rushed at the end.
on 17 January 2011
I loved this book so much I'm struggling to write anything more than AMAZING! The characters were full of life and funny. The male lead Keil was hot sexy and romantic and Robyn was smart, fun and headstrong. The story was engaging and I couldn't put my Kindle down. The sex scenes were definately on fire and the romance was warm and sweet. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Vivian Arend is a must read author for me now.
on 2 January 2011
jb x

i have to admit that i waa shocked when i read this book i thought that it was going to be one of these bbooks that dont actual have a meaningful story behind it. But i was wrong!! I grew to love the characters and it was an actual love story with alot of funny moments included as well. dont be one of those people that think because one character is deaf u dnt wanna no....trust me.....they ave a way around it x
on 20 July 2013
Robyn and Keil will draw you in to their story and you will be unable to put the book down. An absolutely fantastic story that will lead you to read the follow-up books. Well written in a way that allows you to become involved with the characters and story line. Vivian Arend has began a series of books that will keep you entertained and eager for more...