"Talking to Duncan Hamilton about writing & cricket is a pleasing way to pass an hour. His life story trips off the tongue, doubtless honed over the years but related in good humour and in a quiet, matter-of-fact way that belies what he's already achieved in a relatively short time writing sports books."
--cricketyorkshire.com (May 2011)
"This is a tremendous read"
--Andrew Roberts Cricket Statistics
cricket club in history. Since the County Championship was constituted
in 1890, Yorkshire has, in addition to one shared Championship, won it
outright on 30 occasions and Yorkshire cricket supporters take great
pride in the county's cricketing history. As well as the club's
successes, there have been 42 Yorkshire players chosen as Wisden
Cricketers of the Year. Many have been world-class cricketers such as
Wilfred Rhodes, Len Hutton, Fred Trueman and Geoffrey Boycott, with
distinguished England careers.
Many thousands of Wisden pages have been filled with Yorkshire
cricket, Yorkshire cricketers and Tests in Yorkshire. Wisden on
Yorkshire is a fascinating journey mixing great matches, personalities,
feats, controversies and unusual occurrences.
Presenting the best Yorkshire info from the Almanack archives, Wisden on Yorkshire includes:
- Focus on the iconic Yorkshire players, such as Truman and Boycott
- Cricketers of the Year and Obituaries
- The County's history, highlighting significant years and extracts from reviews of those years
- Fascinating stories of both the highs and lows in the club's history
- colour plate section containing superb classic images
- Detailed records, match reports and scorecards