WINSTANLEY (DVD + Blu-ray)
A film by Kevin Brownlow and Andrew Mollo
1649. With poverty and unrest sweeping England, a group of impoverished men and women form a settlement to cultivate and share the wealth of the common land but are met with crushing hostility from local landowners and government troops.
With Winstanley, filmmakers Brownlow and Mollo (the creators of It Happened Here) have produced a powerful, moving story of one extraordinary man's vision.
- New restoration by the BFI National Archive
- New filmed interview with Kevin Brownlow and Andrew Mollo (40 minutes)
- It Happened Here Again (Eric Mival, 1976, 13 minutes) the making of Winstanley
- 9 Dalmuir West (Kevin Brownlow, 1962, 13 minutes), a record of the last weekend of Glasgow trams
- Fully illustrated 32-page booklet with contributions by Marina Lewycka (author of A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian, Eric Mival, Jonathan Rosenbaum, Tom Milne, and David Robinson; plus biographies and credits
UK | 1975 | black and white | English, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles | 92 minutes | Original aspect ratio 1.33:1
Disc 1: BD50 | 1080p | 24fps | PCM mono audio (48k/16-bit)
Disc 2: DVD9 | PAL | Dolby Digital 2.0 (320kbps)
Region 2 DVD
Region B Blu-ray