- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: DK; New edition edition (25 Sept. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0751347787
- ISBN-13: 978-0751347784
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 2 x 19 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,319,348 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Wine Report 2004 Paperback – 25 Sep 2003
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Financial Times this groundbreaking new annual has been produced by prolific wine author Tom Stevenson... the sort of book that is absolutely fascinating for wine professionals...
About the Author
Tom Stevenson has been writing about wine for over 25 years. He is the author of 20 books including The New Sotherby's Wine Enclyclopedia. In 1999, he recieved the conveted Wine Literary Awards, America's lifetime achievement award for wine writing. Tom Stevenson resides in Oxon.
Top Customer Reviews
I was particularly interested in the inclusion of Lebanese wine, which, as the section author says, has shown remarkable technical improvement and diversification in recent years. Ksara's Cuvee de Printemps 2001 is indeed a "fabulous, fruity summer red" and the Massaya 2001 Reserve, which has already scooped prizes in Europe, is a revelation.
I also enjoyed the sections on champagne (Mrs Mrad's favourite tipple) and organic wines.
The great thing about the book is its honest, evident in the treatment of Chilean wine. At ten pounds, it is surely one of the year's great bargains.
As a native of the Middle East, however, I particularly savoured the section on Lebanese wine, which really is now emerging as a country with surprises, variety and good value. The wines recommended by the writer are uniformly good.
The book is excellent value for money.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For those of us looking for current, up to date information in the world of wine this is your bible.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories
- Books > Food & Drink > Drinks & Beverages
- Books > Reference > Almanacs & Yearbooks
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Manufacturing
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Horticulture