From the Back Cover
Your comprehensive guide to all things wine
5 BOOKS IN 1
- Wine For Dummies, 4th Edition
- French Wine For Dummies
- Italian Wine For Dummies
- California Wine For Dummies
- Australian & New Zealand Wine For Dummies
Want to learn about wine but don′t know where to start? This value–packed guide gives you all the information you need to understand, purchase, drink, and enjoy wine. You′ll discover how wine is made, explore grape varieties and vineyards, read labels and wine lists, see how to taste and store wine, build an impressive wine collection, make perfect food pairings, learn about wines from around the world, and much more!
- Get to know the hows and whys see how grapes become wine and get all the expert tips you need to confidently buy, serve, taste, and store wine
- Become a collector gain the knowledge you need to build an impressive wine collection
- Take a trip to France travel region by region through France′s wine production and savor Bordeaux, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Rhône, and Champagne
- Next stop, Italy get a detailed introduction to Italy′s broad range of wines and learn about the new wines and wine zones
- Come back to California from Napa Valley to Sonoma County to Southern California, sample the greats of the top–selling wines in the United States
- Meet the up–and–comers visit Australia and New Zealand to experience the lush vineyards and get recommendations for bargains, splurges, and more
- From the Old to the New World from Spain to Germany, from Chile to South Africa, explore the beauty of such offerings as Portuguese Port, Argentine Malbec, and German Riesling
Open the book and find:
- Thorough descriptions of wines
- Coverage of the prominent wine–making countries
- Delightful food pairings
- Details of the different grape–growing climates and soils
- Common wine pitfalls to avoid
- Details on wines from around the world
- Tips for becoming a wiser wine drinker and buyer
- Wines that are worth the search
About the Author
Ed McCarthy, CWE, is a wine columnist for WineReviewOnline.com and for Beverage Media.
Mary Ewing–Mulligan, MW, is President of the International Wine Center in New York.
Maryann Egan is the wine writer for donna hay magazine, a leading food magazine in Australia, and is a regular contributor to the Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine.