Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering your Server Core installation. Zero in on essential support and maintenance tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether at your desk or in the field!
Get fast facts to:
- Plan your installation and perform initial configuration
- Deploy server roles and features
- Set up Active Directory Domain Services and domain controllers
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS servers
- Manage IIS 7.0 roles, services, and dependencies
- Implement File, Print, Hyper-V, streaming media, and other roles
- Administer services, devices, and processes from the command line
- Configure and use remote-management tools
- Monitor, update, and maintain Server Core
About the Author
Mitch Tulloch is a widely recognized expert on Windows administration and has been awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) status for his contributions supporting those who deploy and use Microsoft platforms, products, and solutions.