on 3 November 2009
I bought Vista Business due to it being cheaper than buying Windows 7, as it came with the free upgrade.

The Vista install was straight forward, but the Windows 7 install wasn't quite as easy. Had to reset the BIOS to default first, and disable USB functionality, but this could be re-enabled after the install was complete. Some BIOS settings that were compatable with Vista won't work with Windows 7, but as I can't remember what they were, they couldn't have been that important, and I can probably live without them.

Windows 7 is working swimmingly with my system (Intel Q9550s Quad core with 8GB Corsair RAM.)and has had no faults. Vista had a few BSOD's (And I only had it running for a few weeks) but this was probably due to incompatable drivers. No such problems with Windows 7 (Yet...).

The only drivers that Windows 7 couldn't install were my Black and Gold TV Card, ATI Radeon HD 4550, and Zalman LCD case screen, but they were easily downloaded from the manufacturers websites.

No software incompatabilities to report yet.

A note to persons still using the ATI radeon 9200 AGP series, Windows 7 will work using the Windows 2000 drivers for that card.