Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Feb 2012 09:51:08 GMT
D. Robinson says:
Hi, so I played the first KOTOR on the xbox but never got round to playing the Sith Lords, I don't have the xbox any more and my only option is a laptop running windows 7, how does this game run with with windows 7? Do I need to change any of the settings etc?
Cheers.

Posted on 12 Apr 2012 12:40:59 BDT
Hi,

I am also interested as to whether this game can be run on a windows 7 OS..?? Any help?

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 14:33:43 BDT
Yes it can be played on Windows 7, with a few tweaks: Once installed, right click on the desktop icon, select 'Properties', then 'Compatibility' and tick and select 'Windows XP' (I find Service Pack 2 works best). Also tick the 'Run this program as admin' box too.

Click 'OK' to all that. To play the game, right click on the desktop icon and run as administrator, and the game should run fine.

Remember though to save often, as although this tweak works, the game is NOT designed to run in Windows 7, so it may crash from time to time.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012 16:27:42 BDT
D. Robinson says:
Thanks for your detailed reply, is it the same for SWKOTOR as well?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jul 2012 23:54:13 BDT
It sure is. Exactly the same. In fact, it causes less of the occasional errors than in KOTOR 2.

Posted on 22 Jul 2012 23:54:46 BDT
By the way... this also works for the KOTOR (the first game).

Posted on 23 Jul 2012 00:19:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jul 2012 00:20:10 BDT
D. Robinson says:
Great, may have to buy both games as the first one really is a superb game, cheers for your help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  2 Feb 2012
Latest post:  23 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - Sith Lords (PC)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - Sith Lords (PC) by Activision (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (92)