Customer Discussions > The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) forum

Windows 7 Compatible?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 May 2011 20:50:21 BDT
I have recently had to change my computer and now it has "Windows 7" operating system. As a result "Sims 2" no longer works on it, so my decision is to buy "Sims 3". Has anyone used it on "Windows 7" and does it work perfectly?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2011 23:44:12 BDT
I'm also want to buy this game and I found that some say it can run perfectly. Please check these 2 websites
1. click "search" again
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=sims%203

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2011 02:47:27 BDT
Hi Miss P. I have had the Sims 2 installed and it didn't work, "freezing" after 20 minutes or so. However, I did install, (well; had a computer nerd install), a graphics card on my system. I now find that although the same warning comes up on screen, "This programme has operational issues with Windows 7", I just clicked "Run this programme" and 'Sims 2 & 3 seem to work fine. There obviously will be issues with a new operating system, but as long as an up to date graphics card is installed on your computer, it should work just like mine. Good luck.

Posted on 29 May 2011 23:47:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2011 00:21:40 BDT
Keith_Joseph says:
Yes my teenage daughter plays Sims-3 all the time and likewise it runs perfectly on her 1.5 year old 17" Dell multimedia laptop with Windows 7 64-bit installed [Dell Studio 1747: i7 Q720 CPU, 4Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics chip]. We have all the extra Sims3 add-ons installed as well. Our Windows 7 didn't report any 'issues' when installing, although it has on other software. It's been on the laptop for 1.5 years now. Sims3 updates itself automatically via EA Manager.

We recently had real problems with the Sims3 program on the laptop, with it saying 'insert Sims3 CD' and then 'Game CD not found', and the game refusing to run - turned out it was something very minor: the game wanted the obscure garden furniture CD inserted ['Outdoor Living Stuff' but didn't name the CD], normally it asks for major expansion pack add-ons like 'Ambitions' or 'Late Night'. Once the correct CD was put into the DVD drive the games sprang into life again. Other than that blip, Sims3 runs fine every time under Windows 7 for us [and under XP pro 32-bit on our other gaming PCs].

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2011 13:40:12 BDT
Cheers Keith! Thanks for the advice AND the extra information with relation to the Expansion packs, which is a comfort to know WILL play also.
Thanks again.

Posted on 13 Jul 2011 12:46:12 BDT
Gilly says:
I recently bought the Sims 3 and am currently attempting to run it on my laptop, fitted with windows 7, and the cd is not registering as being there. It is not popping up on my computer and just not running!! I have not installed it yet so it can't be an expansion pack problem....any sugestions???????

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2011 19:59:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jul 2011 20:00:55 BDT
You must not have any Graphics type card on your system. My daughter's Laptop has had a Graphics card update, by a local computer repair/service business and has worked fine. My own desktop computer required a Graphics card which cost 60 all in, and everything works fine on it now. I'm in NO WAY, Bill Gates, but a visit to a local computer shop, would be your first port of call. I wish I could be more help, but I'm limited to knowledge of construction, maintenance and repair, none of which is in the least bit use to me when it comes to computers. Whislt I am lacking in the computer info' area, I would suggest, 'PC World', and whilst they all talk "double Swahili" when explaining anything, they can work wonders. Good luck!

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 19:10:19 BDT
Amez-x says:
This might help those who have issues with windows 7, only if its compatibility issues though - http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=290618

Sims 3 works fine with Windows 7. Though I seldom play it, it does run when I need it to.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2011 11:39:05 BDT
I've just installed Sims3 on a new Windows 7 PC with the Design and High Tech Stuff and Nightlife. When I try to run it, I get told that the base game isn't compatible with the expansion pack and I need to update it. The launcher tells me that my game is up to date. Any suggestions anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Oct 2011 19:32:05 BDT
I.B. I ahve only the Sims 3 disc installed, so I cannot comment on the other issues regarding the Add-On game. However, I DID update my new computer with a graphics card, which allows almost unlimited access to games. I can only think that this 60 fitting may solve all your problems and it is a simple and quick fit. Try that!

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 10:45:58 GMT
C. Taylor says:
My grandson has been given the Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack but not the Sims 3 disc. I was going to buy this for him but the Sims 3 doesn't state it is compatible with Windows 7 (only XP). Can anyone advise before I waste any more money?

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 10:46:34 GMT
C. Taylor says:
My grandson has been given the Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack but not the Sims 3 disc. I was going to buy this for him but the Sims 3 doesn't state it is compatible with Windows 7 (only XP). Can anyone advise before I waste any more money?

Posted on 9 Feb 2012 20:51:57 GMT
Hi there! IAs I said in a earlier posting, I purchased the "Sims 3" disc for my daughter approximately 9 months ago. I had to get a new computer which included the new "Windows 7" operating system so was also concerned about the game working. Well after 9 months or more, I can confirm that the "Sims 3" game DOES work perfectly well on "Windows7". I have no information on any Add-on disc for the game, but if the first disc works, then provided you have enough memory available, the other add-on disc's should work fine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  8 May 2011
Latest post:  9 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) by Electronic Arts (Mac OS X, Windows XP)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (672)