Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 4 January 2012
Always enjoyed playing pinball as i was growing up and as an adult. The williams pinball clssics was everything that i remembered from the days as a child from the old classics with the basic tables through to the more modern pinballs of today. Played the game when we had friends over with a teenager, he was immediately hooked on the games and quickly found a couple of favourite tables and he played the tables all night and enjoyed the competition between all the players.
on 21 October 2014
I bought this as a present to my dad. Unfortunately, the game is not all that great when you play it for a long time.

Basically, all of the tables, they look fantastic, can't fault that. But it has a "credit" system, which is disturbingly similar to a free to play game - you are only allowed to play certain tables for no credits, and you earn them by playing. But you don't earn too many at a time, and when you go to play a table that needs them, you can't usually play it for very long and you're back to playing the same table or two again. This doesn't make sense for a pinball game which in general invites casual play.

If you're going to faithfully reproduce tables like this, I don't understand why you would not just allow the player to choose what they want to play at any time - Pinball Dreams, one of the first more realistic pinball games way back in the day, didn't make you do stuff like that, it just let you play - as it should.

I don't have too much of an opinion either way (I don't mind having to unlock some things) but I think the system is flawed and the person receiving this game was very put off by it!
on 5 August 2012
I have always been a major fan of pinball. Playing them whenever I could in real life before their sad demise. I have various pinball games for my PC so would have bought if available in this format. However this title seems to have been released only for XBOX and PlayStation.

The game is set in a "Pinball Arcade" which is good on one hand but frustating on the other as you have to move about the arcade (upstairs as well) to locate the machine you want to play.

The game play is set up to simulate real life experience. You need credits to play the majority of machines. The number of credits required varies from machine to machine (older ones require 1 credit. "Newer" ones require more). There are some machines that are FREE to play. By playing these can earn credits to play the others by acheiving goals or matching your score at the end of play.

I have also found that the pay to play machines can be unlocked to unlimited play as a reward for reaching the goals of another machine.

A must buy for all pinball fans or anyone new to the "sport".
on 17 January 2014
If you like pinball (like i do) I expect you'll love this.Does my head in a bit with all the flashes and sounds with some of the tables but I am 59.Would loved to have had this when I was about 13 or 14.Brilliant.
on 20 September 2013
Graphics spot on, 46 inch screen might as well have got tables in house. Wife over the moon only regret is can't find another to. This standard so if anyone knows of one tell Amazon please
on 7 February 2016
very good tables, with extremely lifelike ball action and table play. I remember playing some of the tables for real, and the same quirkes seem to be built in.. Don't really see the need to play challenges etc to unlock tables, just have all tables ready to play.
on 16 January 2013
This has been great fun to play - mostly for the over 40's as the teens don't seem to get it! Quite nostalgic and addictive in it's challenges.
on 24 March 2013
BUT WHERES GOTTLIEB FOR 360? AVAILABLE FOR PS3, WII BUT NOT XBOX! WHAT A COP OUT COS ITS A GOOD PIN GAME AS WELL AS THIS
on 6 October 2013
Brilliant. I just can't keep myself away from it and it is entertaining and would keep anyone out of trouble.
on 10 December 2015
Good arcade game. Lots of fun, good buy and excellent service from Amazon

See one answered question