Customer Discussions > Medieval II: Total War (PC DVD) forum

Will this game work on Windows Vista or only XP?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Aug 2007 19:52:29 BDT
Ian Ford says:
I got this game and when it came i put it straight into my computor. And then nothing. Nothing happened at all, all it did is made wierd sounds. I then tried it on my mate's PC and it work. I do not understand why it won't work the only difference is that he has Windows XP and I have Windows Vista is that why? Please can u get back to me if u know.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2007 09:07:27 BDT
Bryan Garvie says:
I'm having trouble with it on Vista as well - the movie scenes are fine, but the actual battle (and I've only tried the first training one) are jerky and the soldiers take forever to do anything. Anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2007 13:54:00 BDT
Gary Taylor says:
bought game this week, got windows vista plays fine 4 me. only had computer since february maybe they've made changes ?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2007 21:08:57 GMT
it works fine on my computer which is vista. have u tried right clicking on the disc in my computer and running the setup icon from there its worked for me with othere games?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2007 20:09:05 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 3 Mar 2010 03:18:48 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2007 12:48:31 GMT
D. J. Lines says:
Many thanks for that info.
Can I ask what spec your pc is?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jun 2008 14:07:58 BDT
Vista oh the joy of it,

a few things i did and i works fine here on Vista home premium.

Firstly, Turn off the UAC when installing (not recommended to have off all the time but it allows install on fine)
Secondly, Right click on the ICON .exe file and then choose run as admin (u may be logged on as admin but welcome to the world of VISTA you aint actaully got full admin rights till this is done).
Thirdly, If all else fails, disconnect from the net, Disable all Av and firewall and then try putting your machine into Selective startup mode (start > run > MSCONFIG). NOTE if you dont know what your doing, ask someone who does, cos if you turn off the wrong services your PC may not start up correctly on reboot) SO CHECK ON GOOGLE OR WITH A MATE!

Other than that... Partition harddrives/ install xp... But if you get to that stage oh my god... it probably isnt worth it.

Posted on 1 Mar 2009 13:15:01 GMT
Seeker says:
What is UAC?
Is ICON.exe a game file or a Vista file/.

Posted on 21 Jan 2012 21:09:48 GMT
Will this game run on Windows 7

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2012 00:08:28 GMT
Warhead says:
I would like to know the same!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  15 Aug 2007
Latest post:  3 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Medieval II: Total War (PC DVD)
Medieval II: Total War (PC DVD) by Sega (Windows XP)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (86)