Will this release be edited for gore?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 May 2012 10:18:51 BDT
Just seeing if anyone knows if the Season 2 realease of 'The Walking Dead' will be edited for gore as the 1st season was.
I purchased the American release of Season 1 and am wondering if i should do the same for S2.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 01:22:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2012 01:24:40 BDT
Neal Vincent says:
I ended up being damn glad I went US with Season 1, and I'll be doing the same again with Season 2 just to be on the safe side. I'd like to think they wouldn't repeat the travesty of what they did with the UK version of Season 1, but I just don't want the doubt.

We share our DVD / Blu-ray region-codes with all of Europe, and the cut versions of the Season 1 episodes that the UK received on DVD and Blu-ray were the versions shown on various European Pay-TV channels. The BBFC didn't cut those episodes - they were pre-cut before submission to the BBFC. So, even if the BBFC website says "passed with no cuts made" it doesn't guarantee it's uncut - it just means they didn't make any further cuts to the pre-cut version they were given.

The most popular theory on censorship websites seems to be that the cuts to Season 1 were made for the German market, and were carried over to the UK discs so distributors could sell the same version across the wider European market without having to create different versions specific to different countries.

Seems plausible - and if that really is what happened then it's likely that it will happen again with Season 2. Basically, we could easily end up with another "Euro version" that's as censored as the most censorship-crazy country in our European region-code wants it to be.

As I said, I really can't be doing with the uncertainty and lack of guarantees - so I'll simply opt out of all that Euro-zone nonsense, get the US version, and be done with it.

Posted on 14 Jun 2012 02:22:39 BDT
LoBo says:
It will be uncensored like the American Blu-ray. On Blu-ray.com forum someone emailed them and asked if it would cut again, and they said no, it will be uncensored.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2012 15:31:36 BDT
Wintermute says:
Cheers my man. I avoided the Season 1 blu-ray because of this. I have seen a lot of reviews for the season 2 blu-ray/DVD, and found it quite irritating as people are reviewing the T.V. release, as opposed to the product I'd be buying (the as yet unreleased blu-ray!).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  7 May 2012
Latest post:  20 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Walking Dead - Season 2 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead - Season 2 [Blu-ray] by Andrew Lincoln (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars (372)