Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Will they ever let the real evidence be tested?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Dec 2013 17:56:31 GMT
Rebecca says:
The Home Secretary, the monarch and the Church of England would all have to agree to further testing of the skeletal remains said to belong to the Princes in the Tower. These tests could determine so much, is it them? When did they die? And even narrow down the list of suspects who may have killed them... if they in fact did both die in the tower.
Do you think that kind of testing will ever be allowed?

Posted on 17 Dec 2013 21:30:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Dec 2013 21:31:20 GMT
thereviewer says:
Don't think so. It starts a precedence if they do and then suddenly tombs would be dug up left, right and centre. William may allow it in future years, but I can't see it happening in the near future. What happens if the bones aren't the Princes? What happens to the remains then?

Posted on 23 Dec 2013 11:47:20 GMT
Rebecca says:
I agree, there are so many implications if they were ever to allow forensic testing, but it is frustrating that if they were bones found anywhere else then testing would be allowed.

Posted on 9 Feb 2014 15:25:27 GMT
A. Seymour says:
There is no valid reason why the supposed bones of the missing princes should not be submitted to DNA testing, other than entrenched 'Establishment' opposition, for various self-serving reasons, which I will not go into, but which will probably be guessed. To use the excuse that this would start a precedent is nonsense: in France, the supposed bones of the lost Dauphin were deposited in Notre Dame, and many theories abounded as to their authenticity - some saying that the real Dauphin (son of Louis XV1 and Marie Antoinette had survived the Revolution and his cruel jailors to live out a life of anonymity on a remote island, rescued by royalist sympathisers etc. etc. When the bones were at length tested, they were found to be those of the Dauphin - who had, as history stated, died young in the Temple.

In the English Civil War, roundhead troopers rode into Winchester Cathedral, tore open the royal tombs and scattered the contents, breaking the stained glass windows by throwing the bones of Edward the Confessor and William Rufus at them; afterwards, the monks put the scattered remains back into the various tombs but, of course, all the bones were then mixed up. The Church has seen fit to deny formal DNA identification of these remains, for the same reasons they oppose the testing of the supposed bones in Westminster Abbey. To leave remains in this jumbled up state, in my view, is appalling, and not in the least Christian. Opening a tomb, and treating the contents with the respect and reverence it deserves, in addition to solving long enduring historical mysteries, is in my view a good thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  13 Dec 2013
Latest post:  9 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions