Customer Discussions > Metroid: Other M (Wii) forum

Will the game be a puzzle-based sidescroller?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Feb 2010 20:09:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Feb 2010 20:15:18 GMT
Arway says:
I've never played any of the pre-Metroid Prime titles, (the 2D sidescrollers) and it's been said that Other M may return to those 2D roots. If so, what can I expect? Is there any chance there'll be puzzle-solving to be done, as in the 3D titles, or were the older games all purely action orientated with a little exploration?

Either way, I'm looking forward to this very much. I just hope the cutscenes and story don't take precedence over the gameplay - even the Metroid Prime trilogy, for all its detail and intricacies in its story, didn't force it upon the player. It was left for you to discover yourself.

Posted on 12 Feb 2010 18:37:16 GMT
Dragonlord says:
Hi Arway from what I have read and seen in the Nintendo magazines Mertriod: The Other M will be done in a God Of War type of way but with guns which will be ace!!!
So yeah Metriod: The Other M will have more in common with the older games but is going in a new exciting direction again and I can't wait to play it.

Posted on 14 Feb 2010 21:45:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Feb 2010 17:13:30 GMT
Arway says:
Thanks for your response - Metroid Prime was sort of a new take on the series, and that went very well, so here's hoping the same will be true with this.

Perhaps there'll be more info at the Nintendo Media Summit taking place later this month? I think it's on the 24th or 25th of February.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2010 23:43:15 GMT
Dragonlord says:
Your welcome and lets hope so because after Mario and Zelda, Metriod is Nintendo's next biggest and longest running gaming series over the years.

Posted on 22 Jul 2010 22:29:34 BDT
L. Markham says:
Can't say what the new game will be like, but Metroid Prime was pretty close to the 2D games in terms of exploration and progression based on abilities. The main thing that was different in Prime was the combat.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  11 Feb 2010
Latest post:  22 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metroid: Other M (Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Wii) by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (65)