Will The Collectors Edition ever go Down in Price?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Sep 2013 16:34:52 BDT
Michael says:
Now that the ordinary version of the Game has been reduced to £30 will the collectors edition lower in price, because it seems a bit steep to pay £49.99 for the extras being offered i know amazon does lower its prices but it seems they might not for this

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2013 23:00:54 BDT
Ross Murray says:
I was wondering this myself... My collectors Injustice dropped by over £20 during my pre order waiting period. I would like to see them lop off a tenner at least.

Posted on 27 Sep 2013 17:26:43 BDT
will keep an eye on this one if the collectors edition don't go down I will cancel as in not paying £50 for the figure

Posted on 28 Sep 2013 23:11:58 BDT
They're not lowering the price down as a lot of people already pre-ordered it. Don't hold your breath.

Posted on 2 Oct 2013 07:08:23 BDT
Ross Murray says:
I was cconcerned that might happen. Ah well. I DID budget for £80, and I don't buy many games now, so I'll let this one go. I DO love a collectors edition.

Posted on 8 Oct 2013 07:56:52 BDT
Michael says:
Well Amazon has brought the price back up on the standard edition from £30 to £37.99 on ps3 and from £30 to £35.99 on Xbox 360 so it seems now it may be just worth spending £79.99 for the game and all the extras inside the collectors Edition, although i hope they do reduce the price to £69.99 or less then it will be a bargain!!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2013 00:24:59 BDT
C. C. Brown says:
That has absolutely nothing to do with how the price is dictated.
It all depends on what price the game distributor finally charges and what price other places list it for.
There have been plenty of huge selling preorders for games, films and CDs that have dropped in price before release.
In fact its quite normal for Amazon to drop the price beforehand and then up the price once its actually released.
Going on the fact that the last two Arkham special edition games both dropped to £55 before release (tell me loads of people didnt preorder those as well), I would say there is a good chance it will drop to around that price before release.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2013 09:04:45 BDT
Michael says:
Why are you being so hostile? I always buy the collectors edition of the Arkham series (and usually any game i'm interested in) it's just that amazon usually lowers it's price a few times before launch just like it did for Arkham City (which i also pre ordered from launch) which is why Amazon are usually so good for getting a bargain, but with just over a week to go and still no price drop on the collectors edition you would have thought they would have a decent price by now, it's understandable for people to be a little worried even those who also ordered the arkham city collectors edition, I pre ordered mine as soon as it was available and not once has the price changed for the collectors edition but the regular edition has changed half a dozen times amazon needs to get a move on (if indeed there is a set price from WB Montreal) if they expect to sell more. i started this forum to have a nice polite chat to other customers and not to be attacked , oh and by the way amazons the only retailer selling the collectors edition so they have no price to compare to hopefully this week it will drop in price and everyone will be happy.

Posted on 15 Oct 2013 19:55:34 BDT
C. C. Brown says:
Where was I being hostile? You asked a question, Charlie said something that was wrong and I was replying to him (not you) to let you know that what he was saying isnt necessarily right.
I suggest you check who the poster is replying to before calling them hostile, as I wasnt even talking to you.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2013 07:28:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Oct 2013 08:11:42 BDT
Michael says:
Sorry for my over reaction i should have read the post more clearly i just saw that the comment was under mine, it's just this topic has got me a bit on edge, I don't like the thought of paying this much (£79.99 which it looks like i will have to do still no change) but i have to have this, as I'm a huge DC and Batman fan, I thought i was standing up for all those who bought the last two special editions when i read what you said " last two Arkham special edition games both dropped to £55 before release (tell me loads of people didnt preorder those as well)" but it kind of ended up with me raging and talking about my experiences with amazon, I'm a little em barest right now and in the future i'll learn not to jump to conclusions and actually read if it's a reply to me or someone else or not to interpret as an attack on my views. Sorry once again C. C. Brown

Posted on 21 Oct 2013 12:43:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Oct 2013 12:44:34 BDT
Ben Campbell says:
In fairness, I have yet to see a PS3 game charged UNDER £50 new these days and that is from game. So to me it isn't that much of a big deal. If people want the price lowered, it's simple. Vote with your wallet next time and don't get it.

Just saying people SHOULDN'T expect a price drop before the release of a game, unless it is more than 2 months to release.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2013 14:17:58 BDT
Michael says:
The reason i made this post is because i ordered mine back in august and it's still the same price that's more than 2 months before it's release, my guess is that it will reduce in price on release day and everyone who pre-ordered will get the difference refunded to them, i take it that from your comment you buy games from GAME mate you need to buy your games from Amazon or shopto.net their much cheaper than rip off GAME, at amazon tons of games new are under £50 assassins creed: skull edition is under £50 and so is dark souls 2 black armor edition and that's special editions and there not even out yet there are plenty on Amazon and shopto that are usually £5-£15 cheaper than GAME and all regular games are under £40 and have been for years now, GAME are just rip offs that try to get pre orderes by the strength of the DLC they offer which is never worth paying the extra money can't believe there are people stupid enough to buy from GAME when Amazon Shopto.net (shopto not only has cheaper prices although amazon is uaually cheaper than them, it has the fastest delivery of any site for both pre orders and regular orders) imagine if amazon was not the only place to get this collectors edition of Batman Arkham:Origins I bet it would be £100 and in some cases will never arrive so it's not all bad news that it's £79.99 here on Amazon lol.

Posted on 25 Oct 2013 13:52:27 BDT
C. C. Brown says:
Ok, got mine this morning and its understandable why this has come in more expensive than the past two Arkham games, and even the Injustice collectors edition.
The figure in it is far superior quality to any of those. Its bigger than the Injustice one and isnt hollow. Its a full on solid statue. Hell of a lot bigger than the one that came with Arkham City, and anything is better than the horrible plastic batarang that came with Arkham asylum.
I was somewhat annoyed when I was charged £80 yesterday, now I understand why and am totally happy with the price.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2013 15:02:47 BDT
Michael says:
I agree totally the best statue i have ever got for any game, the art book, Exclusive DLC, metal case and dossier are great as well defiantly worth £80 the game is awesome as well best £80 i have ever spent it's also worth noting there is an outer shell around the box as well nothing special but a nice touch an essential buy.

Posted on 25 Oct 2013 15:52:09 BDT
Glad you all got yours. I was quite shocked as the CE was quite big than I thought lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2013 11:11:25 GMT
Bare Osaka says:
You should see the American collectors edition... http://www.play-asia.com/batman-arkham-origins-collectors-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-6y21.html

Posted on 17 Nov 2013 22:28:03 GMT
The Statue if it was sold sepreate would cost £80! I collect Batman Merchandise, and I think its the right price!

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 10:37:37 GMT
Manigamer says:
it just went down, 64.99
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  26 Sep 2013
Latest post:  11 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition (PS3)
Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition (PS3) by Warner Bros. Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (104)