Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Wii Fit (Wii) forum

Wii Fit - What bits do I need - totally new to this sorry!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Apr 2008 12:37:01 BDT
Hi - just starting looking into this Wii Fit thing - if I wanted to buy it do I need to buy a Wii Console or does the Wii Fit and Board work without this? Sorry if this is totally dumb but I'm totally not into gaming. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 12:47:40 BDT
Peter says:
You need to have the Wii Console (rrp£180) for it. The Wii Fit comes with the board & the game, that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 12:54:06 BDT
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 12:32:39 BDT
Browneyes01 says:
If you haven't bought it already. There are a few places that are selling the console and Wii Fit for about £170, which is very good value, considering that the console on its own can still cost over £150.....

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2008 00:52:36 BDT
warm smiles says:
Thanks for your question Mrs K.L Boys...I almost made a fool of myself, saw your post just in time...I wont say what I was about to write though :o)...

they're expensive things arent they...but I really want one!
Thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 May 2008 00:55:51 BDT
warm smiles says:
Hi Browneyes01

the places that you mention selling it for £170...they're not on websites are they? If so would you be able to give me one or two website addressess? No probs if you can't...thanks :o)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2008 12:18:32 BDT
G. Adams says:
I was also just about to post the same question! Brilliant - thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2008 12:28:01 BDT
Kirkatron says:
me too!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2008 17:46:41 BDT
Brilotsa says:
I'm confused. Why is Wii Fit being sold on Amazon.co.uk for £135 and at places like Argos (if you can get one!) for £69.99. Am I missing something? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2008 21:52:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 May 2008 22:00:59 BDT
Jules(Paris) says:
P J Bettley

Amazon themselves are not selling it for £135- it is the market place sellers- other company's or individuals trying to make extra money.

When in stock it sold for RRP £69.99 or less by Amazon

It is still IN stock on Amazon.fr for 88 odd euros (approx £69) +p&P (about 6 euros. There is another section on here about buying from .fr or .de giving details about not using 1-click(your default address wont have UK in French etc) .

Check the other topics out . The wii fit has 5 languages inc English, so will play on Wii console in English, game booklet will be in French but you can download that from Nintendo USA site in English, and board itself uses/ comes with 4 AA batteries.

Hope his helps ;0}

P.S look at other topics most people have got theirs in less than 5 working days from .fr & paid RRP.

Update- ,Fr Have just sold out...but German Amazon.de is still in stock similar price 88 odd euros.. Check both site regularly and you may be luckily.

Amazon.de even have a section in English to help when ordering:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=505538

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2009 13:45:51 BDT
Saw this post too late. Just got my Wii Fit and VERY disappointed that I now realise you have to have the console as well. :-(

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2009 23:17:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Apr 2009 23:22:23 BDT
mafanwy says:
Hi Browneyes,I saw your reply and it answers my question perfect, where can i find the complete package of the wii console with the wii fit for the price you say?, thankyou so much for taking the time to offer advice .I am really new to this lark and feel it will be the first thing ever to make me exercise.
many thanks Mafanwy

Posted on 2 Apr 2009 23:35:51 BDT
Swirlingleaf says:
Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering the very same thing. Looks like you need the console as well. Expensive but I still want one!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2009 23:50:39 BDT
mafanwy says:
yep looks like we do need both items.

Posted on 3 Apr 2009 21:45:50 BDT
Hi there, losing weight can be so difficult and I am desperate to try something!!
However, at about 24 stone am I too heavy for the Wii Fit?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Apr 2009 12:53:53 BDT
Splyce says:
Yes... it's a 150Kg limit... or about 20 stone.

Posted on 15 Apr 2009 12:54:49 BDT
Splyce says:
Sorry... I meant 130Kg

Posted on 16 Apr 2009 18:12:46 BDT
Does the Wii board need batteries?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2009 10:27:45 BDT
Yes it does need batteries. you can use 4 re-chargeable AA batteries to help save money, or you can buy a special rechageable battery pack for the wii fit on Amazon. I have just had a look, it is called (Intec Wii Fit balance board rechargeable battery) and is is being sold new for £4.84. If the battery pack runs out, you connect it to your usb on you pc and it will charge it back up. I have one myself and it is very handy. The Wii fit itself will alert you when the batteries are getting low.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Apr 2009 10:40:38 BDT
The weight limit is actually 23st 8lb, (150kg) it says on the back of the wii board. So i suggest that you try yourself to get down to 23st, or just over and give it a go. It will really help to get you motivated. You will not notice that your exersising because you will be having fun while doing the games. You can have fun doing step, hoola hooping and a little light jogging as well as balance games and because they are all low impact and easy to do, you will feel much better within a couple of weeks. I would also suggest looking at my training coach, you don't need a wii fit for this and it is like having a personal trainer at home. It will tailor a workout around you and could help you to lose them few pounds to get the wii fit. Good luck.

Posted on 20 Mar 2014 05:41:21 GMT
I would like to buy all that is needed to use a Wii fit but want to ship to or buy in New Zealand anyone any ideas ?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2014 18:46:05 GMT
woody says:
I've got very painful knees making it difficult to walk. But I need the exercise, so will a board be useful for me - and safe to use?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2014 17:14:33 BDT
ann goss says:
I have just made a fool of myself by buying the board and game but I don't have a console and can't afford one!! Idiot Ann!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wii Fit (Wii) forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  28 Apr 2008
Latest post:  13 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions