on 30 January 2009
This is a must have if you have a Wii fit. Lasts for a long time between charges and can be used plugged in so you can jump straight onto the Wii fit even if the pack is low
on 30 July 2010
If you are thinking of purchasing this product, I would highly recommend you think again. Ours worked fine for a time but then we started getting messages such as "I can't find you" and then "Please step off the board and press A" when we were trying to boot up the system and weren't standing on the board. Having contacted Nintendo, we were told that the power pack was not a Nintendo product and had never been tested for compatability with the Wii Board. We were told that our problem had been caused by the power pack and we were advised to remove it, leave it for 1-2 hours, replace single batteries and try again. If this did not work, it was beyond repair. It did not work and the board needed replacing. On inspecting the power pack packaging, we found the following in small print on the back of the power pack box, "This product is neither endorsed, nor sponsored, nor affiliated with Nintendo". We have been advised by Nintendo not to use the power pack as it could cause our new board to malfunction.
on 10 April 2009
Online - Wii Fit 3000mAh Recharegable Battery

Brilliant idea for the wii fit board. It charges really fast and saves the problem of looking for batteries half way through your workout! Good price too.
on 10 August 2009
This product is brilliant, I had used a compatible power pack previously, but it had stopped charging, and it was only a few quid cheaper!! This Power Pack does everything that it states, charges up even when being used. Highly Recommended.
on 11 December 2010
The battery itself is ok. Works ok. I still have to find out how long it'll hold charge (it got here just a few days ago and I didn't have time to play real hard with the balance board yet).
The 3 star i gave because, although the manufacturer says it's possible to play while it's charging, it really is not. The plug is connected to the device in such a way that it's impossible to lay it down AND have the plug connected at the same time without risking destroying the thing.
Charging the device for the first time took 12 hours, so no rush to play after receiving it.
I'll try to update this review in the future as soon as I'm aware of its durabilitty.

Updating:

After 1 year or so that I bought this battery it died. Simply died, no warnings or anything. Just had to buy ordinary batteries.

So, if you look for something cheap, but with a short live, go for it. If you wish something long lived, skip it.
on 30 April 2010
As other reviewers have mentioned, this item is supplied with the wrong cable. It's supposed to be a 5v (round end) on one end, and USB the other. I received a cable with a mini USB connection one end and a regular USB end the other, so there's no way of connecting the wire to the battery pack on the Wii Balance Board. Have had no choice but to return it.
on 13 May 2009
Does what it says on the tin - it's a rechargeable battery pack for the Wii Fit board. Seems to work pretty well - took a while to charge the first time, but the batteries last for ages once fully charged (I've only had to charge it twice in over a month). The lead is nice and long, and as it's a USB you can charge from a PC or from the Wii (you can however only charge from the Wii when the Wii is turned on).
on 24 October 2010
Having read some of the other reviews for this product I was a little wary but went ahead and bought it to try for myself anyway.

After charging the battery for the first time the battery lasted through several Wii fit sessions (and almost 2 weeks of not being used) before needing to recharge.

The cable that connects to the Wii to charge the battery is also sufficiently long enough to train with the battery connected if the battery fails mid session.

I wouldn't claim it lasts as long as normal batteries or even separate rechargeables, but it's convenient and easy to use.
I'll have to explain myself, I thought we were going to make the Wii Fit our exercise regime and having the ability to never have to purchase batteries seemed like a good idea at the time, in the event the Wii has only been used three times in the last sixteen months so the cost of recargeable batteries seems a bit excessive, it would have been easier to find batteries when we deigned to use it. If you use your Wii more than once in a blue moon the recargeable pack may be worth it. By the way I've only given one star as it's not a game so I can't rate it overall !!
on 19 June 2009
Great product does exactly what it says in the description. Unlike some other battery packs that I reviewed before buying this one the cord is actually long enough to not have the board pushed right up against the wii itself when you need to charge. Charge is good and lasts reasonably well and the unit is small so can be easily transported with the board when I end up taking this over to friends as they don't have a wii fit. Overall great product!!