Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 6 February 2012
I don't normally care for novellas, by the time you've started getting into the story it's finished, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A friend recommended the author to me so I downloaded this particular book as I had a free hour to kill.

My favorite genres are historical and romance and this novella didn't disappoint. Heather Boyd's literary style was excellent and the main topic of the story line, which could be considered controversial by some people, was beautifully written. The love scenes were hot, hot, hot but tastefully written.

I enjoyed this novella so much I went straight on to download another of Heather Boyd's books, Chills and having read the first couple of chapters this is proving just as good so I could hardly put it down long enough to write this review!

I'd happily recommend this book as well as this author on her wonderful literary content, but would caution the reader to read the synopsis on each of her books as I'd noticed a couple that wouldn't be to my own personal taste.
This is a very short historical read, barely 15 mins long, but in that time, the author made me feel as if I knew the characters.

Clara is a widow, expecting the child of her unfaithful husband. To escape from gossip, she's gone to live at the home of his best friend, Reggie, chaperoned by her mother-in-law, who only tolerates her as she may be carrying the heir to their good name. Reggie has loved Clara for ages, since discovering his late wife had been having an affair with Clara's husband, and this tale, is his seduction of her.

It is erotic, it is tender, it is sweet and romantic, as he's in love with her, and already loves the child she carries. He loves her despite how big and unwieldy she is, and the scenes are very hot. They get found out, which actually works in their favour! A great short read.
on 17 February 2013
It took only about 10 minutes to read this, which doesn't really seem like the effort was worth it.

As far as the writing goes, it ways okay ... just okay. I was left feeling that really with just a little bit of effort the actual plot could have been expanded to at least reach Novella proportions, rather than what I consider to be just a very short story.

Therefore a 3 star read, which has gone into my One Offs folder. That notwithstanding, I would probably read something longer by this author in the future.
on 24 February 2012
I really liked this story. The characters were believable and even though the story was short there was still time to fall for them and care what happened to them. Very enjoyable and it has made me want to read other books from this author.
on 30 June 2013
This is a well written episode of the sexual attraction between a pregnant woman and a cuckolded man. He has been protecting her during her pregnancy and makes it known that he loves her and her unborn child. She reciprocates his feelings. The story is very short so doesn't have the chance to develop but it is well written and makes easy reading.
on 9 March 2013
This is a very short read, about 65% on my kindle ap. With that said it doesn't detract from the story. I really enjoyed it and thought it had just the right amount of spice!

Clara's is pregnant with her deceased unfaithful husband's child. Reggie's wife died at the same time as her lover Clara's husband. Reggie takes Clara into his home and his heart to protect and care for her. They are living at one of his country estates with Clara's mother in law as a chaperone. Reggie is the best friend Clara has ever had and often fantisizes about being with him, but can't imagine him wanting her as she is with another man's child. Clara has no idea that Reggie feel the same way as she does and not only wants Clara but loves her. After there morning period is over Reggie feels it is the right time to show Clara just how much he desires her, not only in his life but in the bedroom!

Enjoyable read!
on 29 August 2014
A short story by fair of 2 people in mourning in a very different time. Reggie wants to make Clara his and be the father to her unborn child but for the last 6 months she has been in mourning for her late husband who was a cheat and reggies best friend and business partner. Reggies has a late wife which we later discover was also unfaithful.

With Clara At reggies country home out of the way of rumours and being chaperoned by her mother in law. Can she give into reggies advances of romance. And open up to live him.

Will they be found out or will reggie lose them both forever. It's the part of the story you are hoping for and the ending comes quick but is well worth the read
on 5 April 2013
Most of the story occurred before the beginning. Since this was such a short read, I don't see what the harm would have been in including it to make the length a bit longer. It felt like we had just ran a race before the book started because the first piece was spent trying to catch you up with events to bring you to the present moment so everything would make sense. Nonetheless, this was just what the synopsis said it would be, so no surprises and no huge disappointments. A good, quick read for a free book.
on 22 May 2012
like other reviewers, I immensely enjoyed this short story, the only disappointment was that I wished the story was a bit longer in length and was sad that it only lasted at most half an hour's reading. Maybe a bit more of a build up of the events that bring the main characters to the point at which the book begins would have made this more of a novel's length?
The characters were instantly likeable and believable and the sex scenes were extremely saucy, not one to read in a public place though!
on 15 March 2013
Loved this short story...quirky characters...a different plot in that the main character is pregnant with her dead husbands baby...both main characters are widowed and their partners were unfaithful...the attraction is overwhelming and nothing stands in their way.