Why release season 4 and not season 1-2-3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Sep 2010 05:44:00 BDT
worst marketing ever do they really think people will buy this if you can't get season 1-2-3 on blu ray yet.
Why not release all seasons and then people will buy this gem on blu ray. But just releasing season 4 is messed up and stupid as hell

Posted on 19 Sep 2010 22:16:51 BDT
Jase W says:
I agree, I have been holding off for ages on buying the earlier seasons on dvd, hoping they would get a blu-ray release like they have done in America. Now only season 4 is out on blu-ray, what does that mean for the earlier seasons? Will they eventually come out on blu-ray or not? It's quite frustrating as a customer to wait for so long to find this information out. Maybe they are hoping we are all stupid enough to buy them on dvd then upgrade when they finally get round to releasing the blu-ray versions.

Posted on 21 Sep 2010 14:49:38 BDT
James Smyth says:
Simply, no seasons 1-3 on blu ray here = no purchase of season 4 on blu ray for me. I've been waiting so long for Dexter to be released on blu ray here so I can wait a while longer.

Posted on 21 Sep 2010 22:15:08 BDT
Jase W says:
I don't understand why the earlier seasons haven't been released on Bluray they have been out for ages in USA in this format. Sadly not region free as far as I know.

Posted on 25 Sep 2010 21:52:01 BDT
S. Brix says:
I totally agree.
Regarding the Us-releases of Dexter on blu-ray;are we not be able to play the us-import versions?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2010 15:46:10 BDT
Jase W says:
Well if you have a region free player then you obviously can but as far as I know seasons 1 and 2 are locked to US region and I am not sure about season 3, it may be region free.

Posted on 10 Oct 2010 19:14:08 BDT
I totally agree. I'm not gonna pre-order because it's not clear from the product info what region this series is. I would assume that it's region B, but you know what they say about assumptions...

I'd buy all 4 series if they were available here at a reasonable price. I saw a US version, series 1-4 available for just under 100 USD. I wonder what the price would be if sold in the UK!? This whole region locking thing is a loss maker for the studios, at least as far as I'm concerned. When will the studios wake up??

Posted on 10 Oct 2010 22:20:04 BDT
warner is the only studio with a brain they are the only company that has released all there blu rays region free

As far as i am concerned all Dexter seasons are region coded in the US.
If they would have started with season 1 we Dexter fans would have jumped on this. But starting with season 4 is really dumb because we have no idea if this is the only Dexter release. But we have to asume they will release season 1-2-3 as well down the line
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  15 Sep 2010
Latest post:  10 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions