Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Why no slipcase / cardboard sleeve?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jan 2010 17:40:54 GMT
afk says:
Why does this Blu-ray not include a slipcase?

Seems odd when both Snow White and Sleeping Beauty both include one.

Posted on 31 Mar 2010 08:57:39 BDT
Jan says:
Hi - same problem here - I asked for a reason and got a refund: 2.55 (item not satisfactory) but no answer.... very odd!

Posted on 31 Mar 2010 09:22:34 BDT
Jan says:
Now I got an answer:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

First of all, please allow me to apologise for the issue you have experienced with this item "Dumbo Special Edition Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [1941]".

The items currently we have instock does not have an extra slipcover.

We try our best to keep the information in our catalogue as up to date as possible, and I am sorry that it was incorrect in this instance.

In this case even if we create a replacement order for this item, again you will receive this item without an extra slipcover.

In this situation, to avoid the hassle of returning this item, I have requested a refund of 2.55 GBP to your payment card. This refund equates to a discount of 15% off of the value of the item you received. You should see this credited to your account on your next statement. On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details.

If this discount is not acceptable and you would prefer full refund please visit our online return support centre to read our returns policy and obtain a printable personalised return label:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/returns-support

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-y?c=vcvffgth3435535634

If no, please click here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-n?c=vcvffgth3435535634&q=ukff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our website.

Warmest regards

Priscilla P.
Amazon.co.uk
We strive to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. Your feedback helps us build it.
==============================

Posted on 1 Apr 2010 16:55:03 BDT
Hm, the same with Dumbo! It's disappointing since I'd like to have all of these Disney BDs in the same fashion.

Posted on 9 Sep 2010 17:30:28 BDT
Picard says:
Slip-covers are only produced during the initial release of the film. There is no set time frame, but from observation in store, slipcovers tend to disappear from stock around a month after release.

To ensure getting one, simply pre-order the film.

Tom Cat

Posted on 29 Jun 2012 03:52:47 BDT
Most Disney Blu-Rays don't come with slipcases. :(

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 06:48:53 BDT
i have never understood why when money is neeeded tro be saved and also resources of planet slip cases are produced in first place

what on earth is point of them all 200 or more slip cases ihave ever han end up in my incinerator ok mayve not good for environment but5 i was not the one who produced them in first place

i am impatient so as soon as i buy a dvd or b ray in a shop by time i have got out of the door of shop plastic is ripped off slip case pulled apart and firstr bin i see in it all goes the burning of slip cases is for those i get from online orders

i want blu ray expecially to at edge of technology i want disney and others to conecntrate on new featurees and extras its why i like there cinbe explore type things on some b lrays

i would rather all b ray manufacturers concentrated on whats on the b ray and not a piece of cardboard that as far as i know most people chuck away

Posted on 18 Dec 2012 08:57:24 GMT
That is such a waste. Blu-Ray packaging is ugly and tacky and slipcases and steelbooks are the only way to make them look decent!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  20 Jan 2010
Latest post:  18 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions