Customer Discussions > Terminal World forum

Why is the kindle version so expensive?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jan 2011 15:09:04 GMT
M Stephens says:
I was about to grab this based on a review elsewhere but now that I see that the kindle version is double the price of the paperback I think I'll give it a miss.
Not sure what game the publishers are playing at.

Posted on 24 Feb 2011 15:42:02 GMT
Chris says:
the point is that products such as iPods and kindles were never about customer benefits and were always about greed. there's so much more profit in shipping code.
while they're still trying to promote kindle, they make classics that have no copyright available for free, most stuff available for slightly less than the price of a paperback, and best sellers such as Alastair Reynolds very expensive. imagine what they're going to do when they've had their way and replaced ALL paperback sales with kindle?
it's so much cheaper to copy a bit of code from one drive to another than it is to publish and ship a paperback, and yet here they are charging double. pure greed. good for you for resisting.

Posted on 2 Mar 2011 23:59:40 GMT
Peter Bark says:
Google ION book saver, this could be the product that forces ebook prices down. Borrow a book from a library, copy it and read it at your leisure on the Kindle. Yes, its illegal but who's going to know? Bring ebook prices down to Tesco/Asda paperback prices or less and this will not be necessary.

Posted on 9 Jun 2011 09:34:33 BDT
NicholasW says:
I see the paperback is now out today. However, the Kindle price hasn't moved and is over twice the cost of the paperback. I can understand using the hardback price as a reference until the paperback is out but now?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Terminal World forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  3 Jan 2011
Latest post:  9 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Terminal World
Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds (Hardcover - Jun 2010)
3.1 out of 5 stars   (116)