Customer Discussions > The Gift forum

Why can't we leave a Review?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Nov 2010 11:47:11 GMT
Liz D says:
CD arrived today (6 Nov) and I have just listened to it. Fantastic, beautiful, serene, Susan Boyle has surpassed herself. BUT I cant put down a custmer review! So unfair. Please Amazon, play ball and let people comment on this brilliant singer.

Posted on 7 Nov 2010 21:09:42 GMT
dengeo says:
Well now, I have managed to survive after playing "The Gift" twice. There ain't going to a be a third. Subo sings well enough, but that piano player is back. You know the one, he/she learn't a few major chords at grade one and is going to struggle to make past grade two. Subo is accompanied by a not so heavenly choir who in the "mixing" has far too much volume, and drowns out the Star. A half or more of the album are renditions of hackneyed carols. Subo, this is not the sort of album for which you will be remembered. Where is the fire and the spirit of your original audition which made you an international hit overnight? I shall treasure your cover of "Cry me a River", "Wild Horses" and a couple others, but this is not for me.

Posted on 7 Nov 2010 21:12:09 GMT
dengeo says:
Well now, I have managed to survive after playing "The Gift" twice. There ain't going to a be a third. Subo sings well enough, but that piano player is back. You know the one, he/she learn't a few major chords at grade one and is going to struggle to make past grade two. Subo is accompanied by a not so heavenly choir who in the "mixing" has far too much volume, and drowns out the Star. A half or more of the album are renditions of hackneyed carols. Subo, this is not the sort of album for which you will be remembered. Where is the fire and the spirit of your original audition which made you an international hit overnight? I shall treasure your cover of "Cry me a River", "Wild Horses" and a couple others, but this is not for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2010 23:49:44 GMT
S. Kent says:
Reviews can not be submited untill the albums release date has passed, this is to prevent fake reviews destroying the alum before it has been released.

Posted on 14 Nov 2010 23:24:07 GMT
I too was a little disappointed, I agree with Dengeo, all the songs allthough beautifully sang were all of the same tempo,but without the fire and spirit of her audition.

Posted on 21 Nov 2010 20:13:28 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2010 21:47:00 GMT
Mrs Pisaroni says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Gift forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  6 Nov 2010
Latest post:  21 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Gift
The Gift by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (205)