Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Oct 2012 23:42:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Oct 2012 16:27:29 BDT
Does anyone agree with me that the idea of putting this stupid format with the Bluray version as well as the DVDs is stupid. You have to sign up to different companies before you can watch it, you have to have a internet connection to watch it if you are out and about and that it lasts for anly about a year. Hope they scrap it eventually.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:35:01 GMT
Dear John says:
What exactly is ultraviolet?

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2012 14:04:29 GMT
Nessy says:
Ultraviolet is the reason I'm not buying this version of the series. I've only got a 1 meg connection and an iPod classic, and trust me, to date UV and this has not been a useable combination. There's plenty of other threads on the subject, and I too hope the BBC realise the UV option is one that puts many potential buyers off.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 00:05:49 GMT
Googlyhead says:
I'd agree. I'm considering boycotting (well; just not buying) those that come with UV codes instead of proper digital copies.
If I'm paying for a digital copy, there should be some legal obligation to give me what I have purchased, not the opportunity to sign up for some restricted internet-only 'service' from which you don't even actually get a recognisable movie file.
It's a worse case than if you were to buy an audio track off amazon (for example), only to find it a next-to-useless RealAudio file (did any player actually support these?). At least in that case you don't have to sign up, jump through several hoops, install junk on supported hardware etc. all before you can actually select what isn't actually useable as a movie file.
Legal challenge, anyone?

//rant over
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  12 Oct 2012
Latest post:  4 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - Series 7 Part 1 [Blu-ray + UV Copy]
Doctor Who - Series 7 Part 1 [Blu-ray + UV Copy] by Matt Smith (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (143)