on 27 January 2011
Definitely worth reading it. It really explains so much of the other, but what I find most interesting is that you learn a lot about yourself too; you see that there's nothing really wrong in your behaviour, it's natural and here you learn why and how to improve your communication and cope with the day to day issues. I recommended it to everyone after the classic Mars & Venus.
on 31 December 2012
An insightful and well written book to help understand the frictions that can arise in ones relationships and helpful in getting to grips with how the other half think
on 22 June 2009
ALthough i haven't completed reading, it appears to be as informative and well written as the original 'Mars & Venus'book. This edition is almost an updated version on the modern working couple and I will enjoy trying the new concepts in my own relationship.
on 11 March 2010
As a newly-wed I read the first of John Gray's books and it saved my marriage in its first stages of "how do I live with this man?" crisis. Fifteen years later - this new book has saved my marriage once more. It's made me accept my husband's Martian idiosyncracies for what they are, look at him with fresh understanding - and made me fall in love with him all over again!
on 7 October 2010
This is a good read, this book is interesting and informative. Having read it from cover to cover I came away knowing more about the opposite sex and how there are inherent differences in the way men and women think. If you take on board the information given, then in my opinion it can only prove postitive by creating better communication and more harmony within your relationships.
on 4 July 2008
This book starts off very well with a scientific discussion of why men and women differ, which is very gratifying.

Gray then uses the book as an excuse basically to adumbrate his previous ideas and strategies - clothed in 'post-modern' language, with the subtext that 'society has changed' since he wrote his last book.

Yeah, well, maybe, and it's true there are some new ideas but basically his solutions are the same. Also, some of the dialogues are really stilted - would he really speak to his wife like that?
on 14 November 2014
Good but not at the same level of Women are from Venus, Men from Mars.
on 12 August 2014
Decent book, helps will the woman in the house
on 12 September 2014
brilliant book a must read for all I wish I had read this book years ago as I wouldn't have gone through all the heartache. I really think it has saved my marriage thank you for making me understand.
on 17 December 2015
This is a very disappointing book full of cliches and trite summaries. Firstly, the major problem is that men don't come from Mars, nor do women come from Venus. We all come from the Earth and it is our common humanity that links us and provides us with the context for our lives together. Gray uses worn out and, in some cases, uninformed theories that just cosily fit the paradigm he has created. What is also troubling is the very thinly veiled sexism throughout, and also subtle homophobia, where the only relationship references are to men and women in relationships. Is it because, like many of those who write about marriage from the USA, the basis for thought is driven by a hidden Christian fundamentalism? I would not recommend this book to anyone. I still have no idea, though he says it is also for single people, how those who are single could relate to this book.