Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2012 17:52:10 GMT
Eddie says:
Come on Amazon, publisher & author - you cannot charge 1p less than a hardback price for a Kindle edition of the book. Please don't treat your customers like imbeciles as we don't appreciate being ripped off and will not continue to purchase your products.

Posted on 28 Mar 2012 11:30:43 BDT
T. Fleming says:
I 100% agree with Eddie. I bought and use the Kindle because it is convenient and cheap. Like most avid readers I still prefer books over reading my kindle. If I'm going to have to pay the same price for a kindle version as for a book, when production costs are significantly less then I'll cut my losses and go back totally to books.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 14:35:20 BDT
E. Salmon says:
Back to paperbacks for me then

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 15:07:45 BDT
Joe says:
This has got to be a joke. The kindle version is more expensive than the hardback??? If it's anything like the previous Robin Hobb kindle books, it'll be jam-packed with typo's too (around 1 per page). truly second rate amazon. you should be ashamed.

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 15:39:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Apr 2012 15:40:10 BDT
Khamsin says:
Seriously thinking of cancelling my pre-order for a Kindle Touch. I don't see why I should pay for the privilege of being ripped off in this way. When I think of the thousands of pounds I've spent with Amazon over the years, it makes my blood boil. Loyalty is only one-way, it seems.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 21:56:58 BDT
Not happy either, who to complain to?

Posted on 24 Apr 2012 09:57:09 BDT
Amber says:
Better yet - order a copy from your local library - even if you have to wait a bit longer. I love my Kindle, but like others, I'm not going to be ripped off!

Posted on 10 May 2012 20:55:48 BDT
Readeroo says:
I have complained to Harper Collins directly for the poor quality of proof reading. They didn't even reply! I will not buy this until the price is reduced.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 21:41:00 BDT
Katy says:
I work in publishing and find that this price is ridiculous. No reason for the ebook to be this high - get your pricing models right publishers!

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 10:30:25 BDT
It's outrageous, but it's not Amazon to blame.
It's the publishers who are price fixing.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/11/apple-accused-fixing-prices-ebooks

There is an antitrust lawsuit, claiming Apple conspired with five publishers - Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin and Simon & Schuster - to adopt the "agency model" of pricing, which lets publishers set the price of ebooks if they give 30% of the revenue to the bookseller.
The move was a response to Amazon's practice of selling ebooks for $9.99, and an attempt to "end ebook retailers' freedom to compete on price, take control of pricing from ebook retailers and substantially increase the prices that consumers pay for ebooks.

So it's Harper Collins we should be angry at, not Amazon.

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 20:35:37 BDT
T. Taylor says:
The profit margin on the ebook must be huge since it is higher than the hardback price. Also it is so much higher than the ebook prices for the first two books in the series. So it looks like the publishers think they have readers who want to finish the trilogy over a barrel. Of course I am willing to bet that they are selling very few at this price so their total profit is small - bit of an own goal there then. And they have annoyed us so much that we will be unwilling to buy from that publisher in future. It would be interesting to see the stats for illegal bit torrent downloads of this book too - they might be higher than usual.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  24 Mar 2012
Latest post:  17 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions