Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jan 2012 21:30:10 GMT
Within just a few minutes of installing the trial I found that it would be impossible for me to use Office 2011.

Upgrading from Office 2004, forced on me due to the purchase of a new Mac running Mac OSX Lion, I found the following:
1. Importing UK formatted contacts from Entourage into Outlook deletes all the County (not CountRy) fields. Thus no addresses have their relevant counties any longer. Further investigation proved that the `British' address format does not have a county field.
2. Attempting to open Word files from Office 2004 in Word 2011 will not allow file names which include "invalid" characters, these being non-DOS letters. Thus thousands of my Word files that contain forward slashes in dates and non American-English accented characters (that opened perfectly well in Word 2004) will not open in Word 2011.
3. Entourage 2004/8 integrated closely with Word allowing contact details to be imported directly into Word documents with a couple of clicks. Outlook does not integrate with Word at all. There is no way, other than a clunky use of mail merge, to get contact details out of Outlook into Word 2011.
4. After two hours, and extensive research on the internet, my attempts to get Outlook to send a single email message failed utterly. And, yes, I tried all the all suggested fixes and workarounds.

At this point I realised that Office 2011 was not going to work for me and I removed it from my hard-drive.

There is not anyway that Office 2011 is of any use to me. It is, in fact, a significantly retrograde step in terms of functionality. Should I be surprised that Microsoft have the temerity to offer such inadequate software for sale ? Perhaps not. And my solution ? To buy Office 2008 as a stop-gap until Microsoft can sort this version of Office. I am really sorry to learn about others who lost data as a result of installing Office 2011. This is really too bad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  8 Jan 2012
Latest post:  8 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions