Why Are New Reviews Blocked?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Mar 2010 17:40:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Mar 2010 00:35:55 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
C&C4 has been available for some days now and yet there is no possibility to post new reviews on it at http://amazon.co.uk.

Most of the existing reviews (all posted before the release date) are promotion reviews, averaging this game's rating to 4stars. But this is artificial.

By now there have been over 50 reviews at the parent Amazon.com site, almost all rating this last installment of C&C with 1 star because of its cumbersome gameplay, childish graphics and atrocious DRM scheme.

Anyone still interested in the game can FIND UNCENSORED REVIEWS HERE:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NIP6X8/ref=cm_rdp_product

Do you think this block of new reviews has anything to do with the unanimous bad rankings this game is receiving across the board?

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 00:01:51 GMT
happygaming says:
I have just realized they have put preview block on this game also ......... WHAT A PISS TAKE !!! I have just sat through 2 hours of my friend trying to register is game on line in the end it took a phone call to the u.s.a.
to get it sorted EVEN BIGGER PISS TAKE...
THIS FRIEND BUILDS PC'S FOR A LIVING and it took 2 hours !!!!!!!

after seeing the game actually 1st hand I find its nothing like the old ethos of collect recourses build big bases and big army's instead I find it to look more like a RIP OFF OF " DAWN OF WAR " ..... UNIT CAPS.... STRATEGIC POINTS ... AND NO BASE TO SPEAK OFF...

A (((( 1 ))))) OUT OF 10 FOR THIS GAME ........ AND I AM C&C MAD, LOVE PLAYING ALL OTHERS

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2010 07:38:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Mar 2010 09:29:13 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
Yes, this type of manipulation reeks of corporate interference!

It is not the first time that the British branch of Amazon employs censorship (remember SPORE?) but it is the first time they do so preemptively and blatantly.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2010 08:35:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Mar 2010 09:29:01 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
I guess the fact that C&C4 occupies the No.3 position in the Bestseller List has nothing to do with this...

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 11:55:59 GMT
normngrey says:
I am dismayed by the trend toward games which must have either a permanent internet link or open link at the load of the game in order to play. I suffered the Silent Hunter 5 debacle and for nearly 3 days could not play the game. Furthemore if I want to play such a game on a laptop I while travelling I can't - no net link.

I good swipe at the companies which insist on this type of DRM is to complain to your MP about the poor envirnmental impact this game has - needing modem on to the met thus using unnecessary electricity for your allegedly standalone game. Even Microsoft does not need this nonsense and is happy with a 16 bit key whereas Bitdefender has a 64 bit key.

I really want to play Command & Conquer 4 to finish of a series I started way, way back when. I also would like to play Metro 2033 but this also needs a Steam account which I am not interested in.

I am sick and tired of being penalised for being an honest PC games customer.

Regarding not being able to add preview comments - well look at how old some ofthe ones already on are. Ridiculously long ago and should never have been allowed prior to beta release.

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 12:36:18 GMT
Just take a look at amazon.com and amazon.de (for C&C4 reviews). 1 star @AMZ.US and 1,5 stars @AMZ.DE !!!
Enough said.

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 14:00:47 GMT
I too found this nothing like its predecessors....no mining, no base, dreadful interface, completely random

Posted on 20 Mar 2010 20:23:25 GMT
L. Houlihan says:
I was just about to write a less than complementary review about C&C4 based pretty much entirely on the gameplay. Thought I was being blind there for a second and just couldn't see the link. Now after reading this thread I realise that I and everybody else who bought the game isn't allowed to voice their opinions. What a f**king joke!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2010 19:50:37 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
With so many preorders on the way, blocking all possibility of posting reviews makes sense - at least for the retailers.
By the time customers realize what a lemon they had ordered most of the boxes will have been opened and the possibility of a refund canceled.

Posted on 22 Mar 2010 04:25:56 GMT
Sunwind says:
terrible game. absolute rubbish. just tried to post a review and I am amazed amazon resorts to such measures to protect a clearly sub-par game.

do yourself a favour and don't buy this.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2010 21:41:29 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
Amazon became the No.1 online retailer because of its reviews. Otherwise Amazon would still be the size of BARNES & NOBLE.

So when such blatant censorship is enforced there is simply no excuse.
Is Amazon.co.uk yielding to pressure from EA or is it simply trying to push the preorders out the door?

Posted on 23 Mar 2010 19:41:25 GMT
T. Smith says:
I have to say i think its diabolical that Amazon have put a block on it because people want to state their opinion, what is the point of the review system if not to post your review on it. Now should I, or should I not mention freedom of speech / expression?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2010 19:47:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Mar 2010 22:54:42 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
To paraphrase George Orwell, some suppliers seem to be more equal than the others.

What is more worrying is the demonstrated tendency of Amazon.co.uk towards blatant censorship.

Posted on 1 Apr 2010 17:24:32 BDT
Lloobee says:
I am highly considering just abandoning using pre-order from Amazon, in protest, and writing to them so they know why. As for EA, I have *never* seen such a poor EA product. They may have got a sale, but they have traded in any customer loyalty to do it. Think I'll even hold off buying their Bioware products for a few weeks in the future - I mean, if they can ruin one of the longest-running successful game franchises, why not ruin 2 or 3?

Finally, if Westwood were involved in producing this turd, they should retire - they've lost it.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2010 19:01:35 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 11 Apr 2010 22:19:22 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2010 22:19:29 BDT
NeuroSplicer says:
Apparently Amazon.co.uk has implemented a 7-day waiting period for new reviews on items with a great number of pre-orders. The same is happening with JUST CAUSE 2, a game that received a lot of criticism for being WinVISTA/7 compatible only.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  19 Mar 2010
Latest post:  11 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
1.6 out of 5 stars   (175)