An essential guide to how an underactive thyroid could be the root of your health problems.
Why am I so Tired? questions the problems associated with an underactive thyroid. Mild hypothyroidism affects about 7 – 10 % of the population, but is frequently misdiagnosed because the symptoms are similar to that of ME, chronic fatigue, depression, and menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms can include:
exhaustion * weight gain * mental fogginess * low sex drive * thinning hair * dry skin * poor circulation * aching joints
Why am I so Tired? offers an essential guide to discovering whether an underactive thyroid is at the root of your health problems with an easy to follow questionnaire, case studies and an excellent question and answer format. The book includes:
• what the thyroid is and how it functions
• what happens when it is underactive
• what tests your should ask your doctor for
• simple self-diagnosis – temperature testing
• where to go for help
• other illnesses which might be confused for hypothyroidism or vice versa
• how nutrition and naturopathic remedies help