Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Gone forum

Which Stephen King book should 11 years old start with?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jun 2012 16:46:30 BDT
hinajiro says:
My 11 years old son is interested in reading Stephen King, after reading GONE series and Charlie Higson's books.
Which book interests him or safe enough?(suitable) for young readers?
I am thinking Different Seasons, as Shawshank and stand by me are my favourite, but other two suitable for children?
How about 11/22/63?

Posted on 14 Jan 2013 22:43:02 GMT
When I was younger I read a book called the Talisman written by Stephen King together with Peter Straub. It is about a boy who can skip between two different worlds. In the other world his mother is a queen who is dying and he has to go on a journey to save her. He comes across friends and enemies in both worlds on his quest and has to skip between worlds to evade capture. Its a real epic journey/coming of age story/road trip/fantasy adventure with plenty of scarey monsters to overcome. I loved it then and have read it several times since. Still love it.The Talisman

Posted on 15 Jan 2013 14:06:15 GMT
hinajiro says:
Hi, Pharmacist of Doom. Thank you for your reply. That's very helpful. The book sounds very attractive to my son, now 12. He likes the story which two worlds crossing over like S/pleasant?!
We will definitely try the Talisman first. Hinajiro

Posted on 3 Sep 2013 13:53:20 BDT
The Green Mile comes to mind, but any Stephen King book is going to have at least a few fairly adult themes (in the case of the Green Mile it's the murder of the little girl).

As for Different Seasons, I don't think Apt Pupil would be suitable what with the Nazi theme, and even Shawshank Redemption is debatable because of the Sisters and what they do to Andy.

Posted on 9 Dec 2014 08:42:45 GMT
Zoe Miller says:
I read The Shining around that age and the book completely blew me away.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gone forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  7 Jun 2012
Latest post:  9 Dec 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gone (Gone Novels (Hardcover))
Gone (Gone Novels (Hardcover)) by Michael Grant (Hardcover - July 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars (428)