Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Feb 2013 15:26:11 GMT
Been waiting ages, dont wanna start the game until i get the guide.

Amazon dont seem to have more stock. :(

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 07:18:50 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Feb 2013 07:19:14 GMT
Gizmo23 says:
I'm sick of this now, still waiting for my order. Whenever I speak to someone on the live chat they just tell me it hasn't released yet even though people have received theirs! something tells me they are out of stock but won't admit it :(

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 11:25:13 GMT
yeah they are not coming as i heard prima has no print date for new stock, i have seen this before when it says not yet released and they never come again, i will just buy one from the market place as i wanna start the game with the guide.

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 16:18:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Feb 2013 16:43:37 GMT
Spoke to customer services today regarding this, apparently they haven't received the books from their supplier?.. I think they will string us on for another week or two before finally cancelling the orders :/

Edit: I read this on another thread, you can actually get the gold hurley familiar plus a dragon type one for free now (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-dk/games/addons/golden-hurly/cid=EP0700-BLES01555_00-ITEMIMP006100000)

I know you all want the guide too, but the code that comes with it wouldn't work on your EU game anyway!

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 23:07:01 GMT
yes they told me the same thing, my order was due for dispatch on the 29th did not even change at all
apparently the supplier had problems with the book because the code does not work for the UK and only the US
so they took them back to remove the codes, that's really stupid if that's the case since a lot of people already have
the book and amazon are telling me they have not even got stock from the supplier.

Posted on 6 Feb 2013 09:51:37 GMT
Gizmo23 says:
I couldn't care less about the code lol, I want the guide - started playing without but I'd rather have it for my first playthrough. Taking them back to remove codes that wouldn't work anyway seems a bit daft

Posted on 7 Feb 2013 07:43:50 GMT
Gizmo23 says:
my estimate dispatch estimate has now disappeared... they'll probably cancel it soon

Posted on 7 Feb 2013 13:01:14 GMT
My order still says it will be delivered on Friday 8th February before 9:00pm. Sounds like a crock to me. This is the second item Amazon have lied to me about now in the same damn week. Why can't they sort their lives out and get some stock? I don't care about exclusive DLC codes or any of that stuff, I just want a guide to play the game with.

Posted on 7 Feb 2013 15:03:45 GMT
I purchased one from Megahut for £49.99 and it arrived today in mint condition, it looks amazing and the pages are good quality, this is a collectors item and will not be printed again so i paid the overprice, i know its allot but lets face it Amazon isnt getting stock and by the time they do PS4 will probabley be out.

Anyway glad i finally have this lovely guide in my hands so on with the game, good luck with your guys. :-)

Posted on 8 Feb 2013 06:27:09 GMT
A. Vancouver says:
Emailed on the 7th just to ask about the estimated delivery and was told it'll be dispatched and will arrive on the 8th

Lo and behold at 2.30 this morning got another email saying they can't deliver it and they don't even have an estimated date of delivery. Gutted - really want this guide, I love playing games with them and after the problems getting the special edition itself (ordered in Aug, got told the day before I'd have to cancel my item due to a payment dispute which was sorted) I just want the guide so I can finally start playing

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2013 07:46:40 GMT
C. W. Evans says:
I have also ordered from mangahut last night and around 9pm last night an hour later I got an email from amazon saying mangahut and dispatched my order so it looks like I will hopefully get it either Saturday or Monday, I also did a google search on the guide and it's sold out everywhere with each site saying in stock with in 2 - 3 weeks if even then

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2013 18:06:08 GMT
A. Vancouver says:
I would do that but £50 seems like so much, I've got FFXII to complete so I'm going to *try* to wait and see how it goes

Posted on 10 Feb 2013 16:07:23 GMT
Dark Zentai says:
lets face it its not coming out
then people heard it was selling out it started a panic and some saw a way to cash in
and no one saw a need for a second print of the game or the book

Posted on 10 Feb 2013 21:10:10 GMT
I knew I stopped pre ordering with amazon for a reason. This is just ridiculous! Like most other people I don't care about the dlc, I just like to have a special edition guide to go with my special edition game :-(

Posted on 12 Feb 2013 13:21:27 GMT
A. Vancouver says:
I got a copy finally! Through Playtime Video Games, for £30. They had only 1 copy and I was lucky enough to get it, I'd keep an eye out if they sell another as I ordered on Saturday and I'm sitting here with it today. Good luck guys

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 14:21:53 GMT
Mittens says:
Mine got despatched today from the book depository for 14.99 so yeah you should presumably be receiving from amazon soon if other places are despatching?

Posted on 13 Feb 2013 21:33:49 GMT
The Book Depository also has no stock. I got mine from Playtime Video Games as well but it wasn't packaged with anything more than the cardboard "box," no bubble wrap, nothing and it got a bit damaged. Let's us know what condition yours is in. @ A. Vancouver.

Posted on 14 Feb 2013 09:40:56 GMT
Mittens says:
The book depository did have stock as I pre ordered mine and as I already said, it got sent yesterday. As to whether book depository/amazon will actually get more in stock now, that's another thing.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2013 15:01:44 GMT
A. Vancouver says:
Mine was in a massive jiffy envelope - bubble wrap, new & sealed, the works. It was a little bent at the corners so something from transit but arrived in great condition. I'm just so glad I finally got one, Amazon were just not giving straight answers - I wonder if it's even going to be released at all now

Posted on 14 Feb 2013 22:52:58 GMT
being sold on ebay for £35 if any one is interested, got my book from game a few days ago as i was lucky
to see they had some more in stock for £15

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2013 07:43:34 GMT
C. W. Evans says:
Basically Amazon have dropped the ball on this meaning they have got dozen of unhappy customers who have gone else where to get the book and with no news from amazon if there even getting it in stock

Posted on 15 Feb 2013 07:49:25 GMT
The game website are letting you pre order one with a release date of the 12th march. Not amazing, as I'll be playing tomb raider, not Ni No Kuni by then, that and I have a dislike of game. Once again amazon have failed me. If only shop to did strategy guides!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 12:59:06 GMT
A. Vancouver says:
I've got the TOmb Raider guide on order from GAME instead. It won't be as popular I know as the Ni No Kuni guide but I don't fancy a repeat experience

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Feb 2013 13:07:55 GMT
C. W. Evans says:
it's not just with game guides they have dropped the ball quite often with other books on pre order too since it has happened with books I have tried to get

Posted on 23 Feb 2013 02:13:46 GMT
Gorthaur36 says:
Did anyone receive his/her guide in the past few days ? A friend of mine had his guide been shipped yesterday from another retailer. We ordered it the same day. Amazon replied to my messages with blurry and useless explanations.
I don't care if it's the hardcover or paperback version, but this silence is quite annoying.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  3 Feb 2013
Latest post:  23 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about