Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Mar 2012 14:17:07 GMT
Scribbler says:
I held off buying a kindle keyboard as I wanted a burgundy red lighted cover to go with it. Now all the coloured covers have disappeared and the only option left is black. Does anyone know if the colours be re-stocked or is that it ? Very disappointing

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2012 07:42:58 GMT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
I also decided a few weeks ago to go with the Kindle Keyboard 3G and wanted the burgundy cover. At that time the other colours were available but I signed up to "email me when in stock" and waited. After about 4 weeks I decided to look at the other colours again, namely Chocolate Brown and Burnt Orange. To my horror, they were now out of stock too. At this point I emailed Amazon to ask if they had any idea of timescales and they responded "No" but gave the general impresssion that if I signed up to be notified when the other two colours were available they would contact me again. They certainly didn't suggest that this line was being discontinued but I am beginning to get suspicious. We can't be the only two people in the last couple of months to want to buy the Kindle Keyboard 3G and cover. I just wish they would make the position clearer and am feeling very disillusioned and thinking of looking at other options - a shame because I've been using Amazon for book ordering for years.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2012 09:28:54 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Mar 2012 09:30:50 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2012 09:42:28 GMT
Hi Ann, Amazon seem to be putting a few coloured kndle keyboard lighted covers on first thing in the morning. However they aren't there for long. On Saturday they had disappeared after 1 hour. There were a few on this morning - unfortunately not burgundy so I got the steel blue. Hope that you get yours. Good luck !

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2012 06:47:08 GMT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Thank you for this. I checked this morning to find NO colours available at all, only the black. I have written to customer services again to try to find out what's happening. This seems very odd. I'm glad you got the blue yesterday - must have got the last one.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2012 07:25:37 GMT
Ann just looked and the burgundy red case is available.......be quick

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2012 07:41:08 GMT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
THANK YOU Mr P!!! OMG - was just going through my Wish List looking for books to order - can't bear to run out - and I caught your comment and RUSHED to order. DID IT so quickly, haven't even ordered the kindle yet but will do so right now. I'm SO happy and grateful to you for tipping me off. How things can change in half an hour.

Posted on 20 Mar 2012 07:47:32 GMT
You are welcome Ann - Very glad it worked out for you.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2012 07:14:29 GMT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Good morning Mr P. Just wondering if your order for the 'blue' went ahead and actually arrived. Regretfully my burgundy one has not yet been dispatched and this morning I heard that there is a further delay as they are currently 'out of stock'!!! Having been so excited by the mysterious appearance of 5 reds, I ordered straight away and the order was accepted. I was just about to go ahead with ordering the Kindle Keyboard, when something pulled me back and I felt an uncertainty about this sudden mysterious appearance of just 5 covers and that (just in case) the order didnt materialise, I would wait until dispatch confirmation. Now I am being told the new estimated delivery is 4th April but am not holding breath. Very disappointing. Hope yours arrived.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2012 09:02:34 GMT
Morning Ann, Yes I am pretty much in the same situation. My cover was sheduled to be dispatched on Wednesday. On Thursday I had a message saying I would be e-mailed when the item was ready to send. Don't know what amazon are playing at but I don't think that it is good customer care. I wouldn't expect to go into a shop and say "yes I will have that and pay for it now even though you don't have it in stock". Let us hope they arrive eventually. On a positive I have my kindle and it is brilliant !!!! All the best Peter

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2012 09:12:37 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Good morning Peter. I spoke to someone from Amazon yesterday - and they also sent me an email - but frankly, there is NOTHING in the pipeline and there are also no colours available in the US. Although falling short of actually saying these covers will not be available in the future, there is obviously one big problem going on and reading between the lines I am giving up all hope. I've now got to decide whether to order the black cover or abandon the idea of that kindle, which I don't want to do and you say it is brilliant so it would be a shame. The best news for you would be for me to order the black cover...then knowing my luck, ALL colours will immediately appear as if by magic!!!! Was it easy to get the kindle operating - bearing in mind I'm a technophobe? Happy reading on your kindle - I'm going to have to order more books now while I make up my mind about the way forward. Regards, Annie

Posted on 27 Mar 2012 20:52:52 BDT
This discussion is a bit distressing. If there are no new covers to be had then why can they not just say so.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2012 08:39:59 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Unbelievably, have just been notified that my burgundy red cover has just been dispatched.
Maybe we're in luck after all.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2012 09:07:25 BDT
Good news Ann. I have just had a look and all the colours are now available. Mine has still not been dispatched so fingers crossed.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2012 10:42:30 BDT
Hi again Ann,
what a nightmare. Been on to amazon and my cover is still unavailable. The covers that are available are used ones. anyway the best ones are only 11 and a few pence. So I have cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered 2 used ones the blue and burgundy. For that price it is worth a try. Going for a lie down in a dark room now. Hope that your cover arrives soon. All the best Peter

Posted on 28 Mar 2012 12:04:53 BDT
vickifb says:
I have just ordered 5 of the 11.00 "used - like new" cases. i could never decide which colour i wanted so now i will have them all. these cases are from the amazon warehouse and from reading the descriptions and looking at the small print, these are new cases that had damaged packaging and had to be repackaged and therefore cannot be sold as brand new. so essentially I have 5 new cases for a small amount over the original price of one! they are due to be delivered tomorrow so i will let you all know what they are like.

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 12:27:43 BDT
Fantastic - All the hastle was worth it. Just received a steel blue lighted cover and a burgundy lighted cover for just under 24 for the both of them. 2 covers for less than half the price of one. The best thing is they are obviously brand new......Result !

Just seen that Amazon Warehouse have 1 burgundy cover left in "like new" condition for 3.19...... I just feel sorry for everyone who paid 50.99

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 16:19:46 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Hi Peter, Am so glad your two covers arrived - and you only paid 24 for them Fabulous news. My burgundy one arrived this morning (50.99 for the pleasure) but I am just relieved at this stage to have it in my hands after all this malarkey. I am going to have a look at this Amazon Warehouse (never heard of it) and may order a cheap one as a spare since they are so reasonable. AT LAST I am going straight ahead with ordering my Kindle Keyboard. Bit of a strange way round doing things I know, but with all that's been going on I couldn't be sure this cover would ever be available. My cover arrived just as I was stepping out of the door to meet a friend for lunch so I have yet to work out how to unleash the light. Happy reading!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 20:34:19 BDT
Scribbler says:
Hi Ann at the end of the day we have got what we wanted - Phew ! and I am so glad that you got the cover you were after. Who knows mine "although they were "inexpensive" may not work in the near future> Happy happy reading Best wishes Peter

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 21:23:38 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
I'm not counting blessings about this burgundy one either - it must have been in the same batch as yours. Peter - can you bear with tracking this discussion until my kindle arrives just in case I get in a muddle with it and need advice? I'm already perplexed about how to get the light on the cover up - oh dear, am so stupid with anything vaguely techy. I'd like to use the excuse of age but I was like this when young so I don't really feel I can. What larks!

Posted on 30 Mar 2012 21:39:09 BDT
Scribbler says:
Hi Ann. you will love the whole thing when it arrives. The Kindle keyboard and the cover are made for each other. It is true what "Amazon" say. As soon as you take the kindle out of the packaging. "totally user friendly" you just follow the instructions. All you have to do is make sure that it is fully charged. Excellent plug which is also a USB. The instructions are so simple that even I can understand it. Don't want to go overboard but I will never buy a regular book again.

The light on the cover has to be pulled out gently - and it will not light until it is fully extended. Just be careful attaching the cover. again you will have instructions. However the bottom clip fits in easily but the upper clip has to be pulled down - then when the kindle is inserted you just release the clip.

Much easier than my useless explanation. Happy days Peter.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Apr 2012 15:56:16 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
Hi Peter, Kindle arrived this morning and is charged, cover on, light working and first book downloaded. Couldn't be happier. Just so annoyed that I've got to go out and can't start reading immediately! You were right, it MUST be easy if I managed it all by myself. Thanks for your support throughout this, it made it so much more bearable to share the angst of the situation. All the best, Ann

Posted on 2 Apr 2012 18:09:08 BDT
Scribbler says:
Hi Ann, that is so nice of you - Glad that you and your kindle have been united. I absolutely love mine and the set up is idiot proof - infact it is all done for you. I have started a "Guilty pleasure". Having a long bath so I can read my kindle in peace and quiet. The lighted leather covers (burgundy and blue) are fantastic. Wish you could have got one of the cheap ones. we did buy a black one at 50.99 but will keep this as a back-up. Hope that you have loads of happy reading.
ps didn't fancy the new "Touch Screen". I think that would get very annoying having to prod the screen constantly.
All the best - regards, Peter

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 13:52:19 BDT
T. Pridie says:
I am also wanting to buy a lighted 3 g keyborad kindle cover in burnt orange - i bought a green one to be different from others in my house, but I cant stop wanting the one I originally bought for them! They would swop me but theres do not have a light - any idea when Amazon will get the orange ones back in??

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Apr 2012 14:07:43 BDT
ANN PHILLIPS says:
I ordered the burgundy cover weeks ago and it only arrived last week - coincidentally the same time that apparently they had very cheap offers on the covers for a short time. The weekend before last I had a couple of calls with Amazon over these 'disappearing colours' but got nowhere near getting any sort of answer as regards to when they will all be in stock again. The weird thing is, it is the same situation in the US too which suggests a major problem somewhere along the line.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xb3c4b2dc)

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  11 Mar 2012
Latest post:  20 Aug 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Cover (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Cover (Fits Kindle Keyboard) by Amazon
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,200)